I Have A Stupid Question..(Fallout New Vegas)

Krismods1

So I made a mod that ports over the R91 assault rifle from F3 into New Vegas as well as adding a semi-automatic version with a custom texture. I made this mod for Myself(I own both games btw), but I was wondering if I could upload it here?

I know the rule on ported content...but I was wonder since they are legacy content and can be still found in the New Vegas resources, I am wondering and asking if these are also not allowed? Or if legacy content that can still be found in the game's resources and are therefore with the shipped game are an exception to this rule?

I apologize for My ignorance on this matter. Moreover, please understand I mean no disrespect to this site rules, I am merely curious.

Edited by LordGermanicus666

So I made a mod that ports over the R91 assault rifle from F3 into New Vegas as well as adding a semi-automatic version with a custom texture. I made this mod for Myself(I own both games btw), but I was wondering if I could upload it here?

I know the rule on ported content...but I was wonder since they are legacy content and can be still found in the New Vegas resources, I am wondering and asking if these are also not allowed? Or if legacy content that can still be found in the game's resources and are therefore with the shipped game are an exception to this rule?

I apologize for My ignorance on this matter. Moreover, please understand I mean no disrespect to this site rules, I am merely curious.

Thank you answering.

I did all that already, so that's good(?) Though I still want hear that from a moderator before I do upload(Just to be safe).

Thank you again for answering question. :D

If it's in the New Vegas files then it's fine because it's not ported, merely enabled. Obsidian did us a real favour by including all that unused content in the BSAs.

If it's in the New Vegas files then it's fine because it's not ported, merely enabled. Obsidian did us a real favour by including all that unused content in the BSAs.

I took the gun Mesh and textures out of the New Vegas BSAs. I just wanted to make sure I was allowed to upload or if it counted as ported content before uploading. Always wise to play it safe.

Thank you for answering!

Both McclaudEagle and jim_uk are correct. BethSoft do have a strict rule forbidding content from one of their games being ported to any other. This is mostly due to the fact that they outsource a lot of work and have licensed the result ONLY for a particular game. They don't want to have to get into the messy details of which texture, mesh, sfx, etc. is "theirs" vs. someone else's.

But anything actually included with a particular game or DLC ("enabled", or not) should be fine for use in a mod for that particular game or DLC. The Nexus would have no problem with your uploading this, and at worst would simply remove it if they asked us to do so. :thumbsup:

I took the gun Mesh and textures out of the New Vegas BSAs. I just wanted to make sure I was allowed to upload or if it counted as ported content before uploading. Always wise to play it safe.

Thank you for answering!

If you've not changed the texture or model then you wouldn't have to include them in the upload anyway, people will already have them.

Both McclaudEagle and jim_uk are correct. BethSoft do have a strict rule forbidding content from one of their games being ported to any other. This is mostly due to the fact that they outsource a lot of work and have licensed the result ONLY for a particular game. They don't want to have to get into the messy details of which texture, mesh, sfx, etc. is "theirs" vs. someone else's.

But anything actually included with a particular game or DLC ("enabled", or not) should be fine for use in a mod for that particular game or DLC. The Nexus would have no problem with your uploading this, and at worst would simply remove it if they asked us to do so. :thumbsup:

Alright.

Thank you. I just wanted to make 100% sure it was o'kay to upload.

Thank you for answering!

If you've not changed the texture or model then you wouldn't have to include them in the upload anyway, people will already have them.

I have modified the texture for the assault rifle. I made a second semi-automatic version and modified it's texture to give it a more worn, darker look.

Thank you for answering!

I have modified the texture for the assault rifle. I made a second semi-automatic version and modified it's texture to give it a more worn, darker look.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for that.