better recon armor

ebee1

No, I mean, explain exactly how the armor looks ugly/awful. That way, whoever does take on this mod request can see what aspects of the recon armor to change and what other aspects to keep. \

Just saying the armor looks ugly is not helpful at all since everybody has different tastes and sense of fashion. So an actual explanation of how it looks ugly would be helpful.

Edited by dangman4ever

it doesn't look like recon armor it looks like something they'd wear inside power armor, it should look like a very light power armor.

.... So, you're upset that it looks like exactly what it -actually- is? Going by official lore, Recon Armor is actually designed to be worn under T-45d power armor, and is what allows the T-45d to actually function without harming the user. Those bulky things on the recon armor are attachment points for the PA suit, and the recon armor itself is intended to protect the wearer from soft tissue damage as a result of the T-45d's hydraulics system.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Recon_armor

I am do not have a problem with the armor as much as the name, Recon Armor. It implies something similar to the OWB Stealth Suit. I think that Recon armor should be renamed to something like Safety Suit, Protective Underarmor, or Compatibility Jumpsuit.

The Recon armor should a full body (as in long sleeves and gloves) Combat armor, It would be missing the main chest-plate, the shoulder plates would be smaller and more slimming, the upper-back plate would be there, the shin guards would be gone, but the knee guards would remain. Where the chest palate used to be would be one of those radio things (the things with the red circle and wires) that are on vault security uniforms. The head peace should be a lighter and less protective combat armor, It would have a eyepiece/visor built in to the helmet as it is recon armor. the helmet when worn would A- give you a effect similar to boon's spotter, B- let you zoom in like Binoculars , or C- give you 2 per instead of 1 like other headpieces (if we did the spotter or zoom, it would be activated like the night vision on Riot helmets 'crouching'). it may or may not have a facemask for intimidation. Its color would be a dark grey. Then if we did a brotherhood version, it would be a lighter gray almost silver looking.

Edit-

Warning the fallowing is a horrible drawing that I made in less than 5 minutes to help visualize what I was talking about. Oh and there is more description of the armor under the picture.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy177/1514blaze/90cc7103-b337-4c77-b82f-9c4b67d56c30_zpse4f3ca87.jpg

Notice that I added an extra pouch on the chest to fill in space (That is supposed do be an emblem patch above the pouch. I was basing this on Combat armor, so I removed the chest-plate, I also removed the thigh-plates and shinguard. I added elbow-pads, and a radio receiver (or whatever that square thing is on vault security armor). I also made the shoulder-pads and crotch-piece smaller. The helmet I based on a normal combat helmet, I just added a sensor visor and face-mask. I also put one of the sensors found on combat helmets V2

Edited by blaze1514

I am do not have a problem with the armor as much as the name, Recon Armor. It implies something similar to the OWB Stealth Suit. I think that Recon armor should be renamed to something like Safety Suit, Protective Underarmor, or Compatibility Jumpsuit.

Actually, the folder name for the Recon Armor is actually "BosUnderArmor". So not quite wrong to rename the Recon Armor to that.