I love the idea of having driveable boats in Skyrim, but I'm unhappy with the existing implementations, so I decided to make my own.
The first boat stability test:
Boating down the Falskaar, the boat control mechanics is updated:
How to control the boat?
- Hide the weapon
- Activate the boat at one end to move to the oppisite direction. The player will keep rowing until you start to run or change the position
- To change the direction, activate the right or left sides of the boat.
- Rowing will decrease the stamina
- To push the boat, activate it from the bottom
Possible practical usage: Fast travel for cargo.
1) Player can make the place A as a dock
2) Drive to the place B
3) Clear some dungeon and place all the loot on the boat
4) Order one of the followers to drive the boat (with the cargo) back to the dock
If you have any ideas about usage, feel free to share.
This is still work in progress.
- I still have to deal with the critter collisions. Right now, I temporary disabled them, but player is unable to collect insects or fish anymore, so it's not the solution.
- Using ingredients (like Troll Fat) to remove the friction and speed up the boat
- Ways to deliver the boat to the water (and NO, you can't just take it to your inventory!)