Optimising Oblivion

Povuholo

hi im having problems with my 7800gs 256mb agp card and i am having frame drops, smooth frame rates right at get go, but when moving around, frame's drops for 30 secs, then averything is fine. Anybody have a camera fix, or a mod that will fix this anoying bug.

I also used the ini tweaker, but nothing happened. link here

http://www.tessource...cache/1937.html

specs

AMD 3800 duel core overclocked to 2750 Mhz.

windows xp 64bit & home

ASUS motherboard model scratch's head

water cooled down to 23c

hard drive seagate 400gb

hp dvdrw drive 52x

i hope this infomation helps..

I use the same graphic card as you mate, its a heaping pile of trash not much better than a 6800 and handles overclock setting even small ones crappy, Mine beeps like a dam cricket for no reason sometimes and a lot of time won't execpt new 7800 series driver updates,my system is a much weaker 2800 uni amd best I found for runnin oblivion is kill the backround pic on my computer, install oldblivion, set windows to classic visual style and use a decent prog that can clean out the temps and watnot, as for settings I alwasy kill the grass with the console command 'tg set all decals and visual properties down, here are the settings I am able/unwilling to change, Distance building/landscape, texture large, 1024x 768 res, trees objects and actors maxed. I also use oldblivion to dissemble most of the shaders in the game. With that I am able to use 150 mods to deck the world out. I am interested in wat these little tweaks can help now that I am down to my 50 mods I refuse/will never play with out active and a fresh install. but as for that card unclock it and leave it alone best advice I can give through experience, sadly If i had waited 1 more week I would have had the money to buy a 7900 or 8800 for the 6700 duo core vivo I did not have at the time, so atm I have a piece of crap card for my 5 year old comp that sounds like its going into hyperdrive when I turn it on and a new comp that is near worthless to me. ^^

edit: as for temperature dint help me too much the card is suppose to handle 115c mine never went above 45c even when clocked to max with oblvion running on highest settings, when clocked even just slightly I got that annoying lag that tessera noted

Overclocking is one way to make your computer faster but not Oblivion, the game hates to be run on an overclocked machine and you will get lots of strange anomalies.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can simply optimize the game byadding a texture mod or an better prefformance mods that

can be easily downloaded and instaled......and you can get a better graphich and

motherboard that will insaenly improve your quality....i bought a new computer a few months ago and

installed oblivion to see prefformance i set all to highest and it twiched at some momments....so yea

you get the point.... :dance: :ninja:

have you heard about a new russian expansion for oblivion that will completly change the gaming system i hope it comes out before skyrim if it didn't come out already becaus i wanna see the oblivion at the end.

• 3 months later...

I found this

today by accident.

It shows what Oblivion can look like.

Oops just noticed the date ....didn't mean to bump a dead thread. :ohdear:

No worries -- it looks like this is stickied. Those culveyhouse vids on youtube are partly what convinced me to pick up Oblivion :)

I found this

today by accident.

It shows what Oblivion can look like.

Oops just noticed the date ....didn't mean to bump a dead thread. :ohdear:

No worries -- it looks like this is stickied. Those culveyhouse vids on youtube are partly what convinced me to pick up Oblivion :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I would like to share what I've found so far with oblivion optimization in my case.

- The main thing is to make your video card drivers up to date. That really helps, to shut down most of the stuttering.

- Another good idea is to clean your start up, from the unnecessary programs, such as adobe updater's/reader and so on. It will save up a little bit memory of your machine.

- Go to that place where your oblivion.exe is located, and if you are running under windows Vista/7 chose properties-> compatibility tab, and make sure to check "Disable desktop composition" this will change your color scheme to default while you are running oblivion.

IMPORTANT:

if you're running some Environmental mods such as "All Natural" etc... Make sure to turn them off on your mod manager or waye bash (Why? Because this is one of the most computer/video card memory using modifications, especially if your computer is on low resources)

Better cities

Video card memory killers. I suggest you to run this mod only in that case if you are using a strong, duel layer video card, at least 1GB of video memory. Of course you are able to run in whether your machine is, but it will decrease down to 10-15 fps when in cities for sure,

The fps can't decrease because some modifications are incompatible with each other. I've tested it on my own computer. Found some incompatibilities then tested it together and the final result was a crash, Not the FPS drop

Edited by shamiro1