Jowan and Lily in Funeral Scene?!? Toolset help!

TL DR; In the toolset, how do I make a creature spawn in an area only if certain conditions are met?

How do I review these conditions for a creature already in the game?

I'm so close to proving this. Someone added to the wiki that Jowan and Lily appear in the epilogue. I attempted to prove this using the console and came up with nothing. I went into the Toolset and pulled up the Post-coronation area (Areas > Epilogue \ api300ar_post_coronation.are). They were not there at all.

On a whim, I decided to check the Funeral (Areas > Epilogue \ api300ar_players_funeral.are). They were listed there! Their text was red, which seems to mean that they have a conditional spawn. But I cannot figure out how to see what those conditions are!

I'm so close to figuring this out, but I'm too much of a noob with the Toolset to understand what to do next! Help?!?!?!

Look at the script epi_attendees_h.nss.

DAO seems to generally handle complex conditionals with scripts; I searched for a funeral-related script and found epi200ar_funeral.nss. That file was not useful, but led me to epi_attendees_h.nss.

I could also have followed the trail from epi200ar_players_funeral.are; epi200ar_funeral.nss is listed under the file properties 'References' tab, but based on past experience I went straight for the script.

(And there is probably a much simpler, more elegant way of approaching it, but I'm too lazy and stupid to really figure out how the toolset works.)

ETA that the part of this that has always fascinated me is that both Jowan and Lily are specced to wear Tranquil robes to the funeral... making a non-mage tranquil is a bit over the top, even for the Chantry. :-/

Edited by theskymoves

Look at the script epi_attendees_h.nss.

OMG. Thankyou so much! It was right in front of me the whole time. I looked in the Funeral Folder for scripts and found nothing of use and moved on. There it is!

if(( bDefendedJowan && !bJowanDead && !bJo*censored*illed) || bAllNPCs)

WR_SetObjectActive( oJowan, TRUE );

ETA that the part of this that has always fascinated me is that both Jowan and Lily are specced to wear Tranquil robes to the funeral... making a non-mage tranquil is a bit over the top, even for the Chantry. :-/

That IS interesting. So now I have closure. If you send Jowan to the Circle, he gets made tranquil. Lily getting made tranquil makes a bit of sense since she was sent to the mage's prison of Aeonar. That tells a bit more about what goes on there. Does that mean she was proved to be a thrall or possessed? If they make everyone tranquil - even the innocent - just to be sure, why bother putting them through the prison at all? Unless the prison is just part of the tranquil process?

Thanks again! You are one incredibly helpful person! This is the third time you've helped me this week!

Edited by MicManGuy