How do I edit Dark Souls II Textures?

CelerExcursor

Ok, so here we go.

1. First you need to download GeDoSaTo (download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i18ez8ssvlkprr0/GeDoSaTo_Beta7_SeishoujoSacrifice.zip).

2. Go into the settings in the Gedosato tool (you have to run gedosato as administrator) and find the "Teture settings" paragraph. there you change the "EnableTextureDumping" part from "false" to "true" and save.

3. Start DkS2 and equip all equipment you want to mod or go to the area where an object you want to mod is and wait there a couple of seconds, then close DkS2.

4. After that you go to your gedosato folder>textures>DarkSoulsII and create a folder called "override".

5. All the textures that you dumped from the game (step 3.) will be in the dump folder. (gedosato folder>textures>DarkSoulsII>dump) Find the textures you want to mod (have fun with that) and mod them in any kind of editing program (photoshop etc.)

6. Save the modded texture in the override folder in PNG-format.

7. Go into Gedosatos settings to the texture paragraph and change "enableTextureOverride" from false to true (also change "EnableTextureDumping" back to false so your game doesnt turn super slow.)

8. Play the game with gedosato activated and have fun with your new awesome textures.

Notes: finding the texture you want in the dump folder is really annoying because there will be a lot of them with names such as: 2e93b557 (alva helmets texture btw.) and they are all in TGA-format which cant be viewed in standard image viewers. I found it easier to convert all the files to PNG with an external program so you can look through them all quickly. Hope this helped.

Edited by Notoro

Ok, so here we go.

1. First you need to download GeDoSaTo (download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i18ez8ssvlkprr0/GeDoSaTo_Beta7_SeishoujoSacrifice.zip).

2. Go into the settings in the Gedosato tool (you have to run gedosato as administrator) and find the "Teture settings" paragraph. there you change the "EnableTextureDumping" part from "false" to "true" and save.

3. Start DkS2 and equip all equipment you want to mod or go to the area where an object you want to mod is and wait there a couple of seconds, then close DkS2.

4. After that you go to your gedosato folder>textures>DarkSoulsII and create a folder called "override".

5. All the textures that you dumped from the game (step 3.) will be in the dump folder. (gedosato folder>textures>DarkSoulsII>dump) Find the textures you want to mod (have fun with that) and mod them in any kind of editing program (photoshop etc.)

6. Save the modded texture in the override folder in PNG-format.

7. Go into Gedosatos settings to the texture paragraph and change "enableTextureOverride" from false to true (also change "EnableTextureDumping" back to false so your game doesnt turn super slow.)

8. Play the game with gedosato activated and have fun with your new awesome textures.

Notes: finding the texture you want in the dump folder is really annoying because there will be a lot of them with names such as: 2e93b557 (alva helmets texture btw.) and they are all in TGA-format which cant be viewed in standard image viewers. I found it easier to convert all the files to PNG with an external program so you can look through them all quickly. Hope this helped.

the armor I've equipped's textures is not showing up in the dump files... (alva armor)

-edit NVM found it! I also deleted all the textures in the dump folder while playing, than equipped the armor with no files in the folder, so that made it much easier to find the texures.

Edited by CelerExcursor

Is there a way to tell what parts of armor can be removed? I've seen armors their fur and capes removed.

Well any part of an armor set can be removed actually, however it may cause holes in the model (or rather, the models texture but it will look like a hole in the armor). what you need to do is look at the texture and erase the part you dont want (for example a cape) and save it again in the override folder. furs and capes are very easy to remove as they often have the main armor piece underneath. If you want to see if you can remove a piece of an armor piece you will just need to mod the texture, play the game and see if it looks good. Thats what ive found atleast, might exist a better way.

Is there a way to tell what parts of armor can be removed? I've seen armors their fur and capes removed.

Well any part of an armor set can be removed actually, however it may cause holes in the model (or rather, the models texture but it will look like a hole in the armor). what you need to do is look at the texture and erase the part you dont want (for example a cape) and save it again in the override folder. furs and capes are very easy to remove as they often have the main armor piece underneath. If you want to see if you can remove a piece of an armor piece you will just need to mod the texture, play the game and see if it looks good. Thats what ive found atleast, might exist a better way.

How do you remove it? I tried cutting out the shoulders and chest piece on the Royal Soldier Set but it just made the pieces a dark black/grey.

How do you remove it? I tried cutting out the shoulders and chest piece on the Royal Soldier Set but it just made the pieces a dark black/grey.

Ok, Ive had a similar problem once before and that time I couldnt fix it but lets see if you might have a different problem. First of have you changed the texture of those parts from color to transparent? sometimes when you open a texture in photoshop it will have to be changed from background to layer (just right click on the layer and then press layer from background or something like that), if you erase from a background layer it will fill it in with another color. Be sure to save it as a PNG-file aswell. if this doesnt work you can send me the name of the royal soldier sets texture file and i could have a look at it to see if i can figure out the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I find the exact texture I want to edit?

I mean I enabled the texture dumping, it gave me about 1 600 different texture files

Is there anyway just to dump, for example this one shield I want to edit? I don't need the other 1 600 files

Edit:

I noticed the texture marking

"Mark textures with their hash (for texture modders)"

Does this mark the files somehow so I can more easily find the files I am looking for?

Also it says it is extremely slow, so do I really need to wait for it mark 1 600 files?

Edited by Eliittihemuli