Proper Controller Support

BioAftermath

I recently started playing Skyrim on PC and I like to play with a controller because I don't have a comfortable set up were I can use the keyboard and mouse and using the controller I can lay back, in addition it can also feel very comfortable. The controller support in Skyrim doesn't work properly and you end up having to press Y (If you have it as activate) when you should be pressing A, or pressing BACK instead of pressing B to get out of a menu. All that is need to fix this is be able able to replace the key bindings with controller buttons, for more depth and customization with the Xbox 360 and One controllers.

use SkyUI:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?

yes its for optimizing the PC controls, but it also works great with the controller. not to mention its a far superior menu system.

I hate the SkyUI system with a controller. I have to map even more unusual controls, because if I don't I'm not able to leave the trade menu unless I Take All. Again, the problem is that I can't map buttons to have multiple functions, which should be in the game already.

Edited by BioAftermath

It's entirely possible that I completely misunderstood why I needed this program when I was trying to figure out why my controller buttons were all screwy over a year ago.

So, you could use the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator for an Xbox One/360 controller to play Skyrim? Can you assign several keys to one button?

I don't know how the emulator would work with a 360 controller because I don't have a 360 controller. The problem you were describing, where the UI says press button X but I had to press button Y sounded similar to my experience. In addition I had several buttons on my controller that had the same function and some were missing entirely.