Help! I can't see the health bars!

Poposhka

just got dragon age, and it's a helluva game.

however, one thing is frustrating me to insanity. I have a really hard time telling how much life i or anyone in my party has left.

I'm running the game at 1680x1050, and i have cranked up the gamma/brightness/contrast in any old direction, but the health part of the portraits is really hard to read. It's really dark and blends in well with the portrait, and the "bar" is thread thin! often i have to resort to pausing, then hovering the mouse over the portrait, and read the tooltip to get an accurate read of the member's health. Or lean up to my monitor and squint to see where the health is.

Is there something that can make this easier? Is there some UI mod or texture mod that could make this easier to read? please!? it's driving me nuts!

also, on a (slightly) different note: is there a way to always display party/monster life bars over their heads as you play?

thanks a ton, guys!

• 4 years later...

I realize this is a long dead thread, but rather than create a new one I'll just revive this one. I'm having this exact same issue. I'm using the FtG UI Mod, and its freaking amazing. However, it doesn't seem to do anything to the HUD outside of your menus. Is there not anything that makes the character icons in the top left and the action bar at the bottom any bigger? I've seen a mod that does this for the minimap, but cannot find a mod for anything else.

Oh well. Thanks for the quick response. I can just hold tab to see the health bars above the characters. I just have to make sure they are all on screen. Still a great game, and its not gonna stop me from beating it again!

You might want to take a look at this mod. While 'tis intended for folks with red/green colourblindness, the lighter aqua/teal health bar might be more visible on your monitor.

Edited by theskymoves

• 3 years later...

You might want to take a look at this mod.

I know this post is ancient, but I just ran into the same problem, and this is one of the first hits on google.

That mod fixed it right up. Even as a colourblind person using a shitty TV with washed out colours at high res.

Highly recommended to anyone else that runs into this thread.

Thanks a tonne!

• 3 years later...

You might want to take a look at this mod. While 'tis intended for folks with red/green colourblindness, the lighter aqua/teal health bar might be more visible on your monitor.

Thank goodness for google and finding support from so many years ago. The colorblind mod made saved me from giving up again on the game trying so many years later