Nifskope/.OBJ/Blender Help -- "Armor" mod Import from Blender

DarknessCalling

I'm making a mod to separate the Dragon Priest Hoods from the Masks, because I'm not really a huge fan of the masks. I've not decided what I'll do with the enchantments (Whether they'll go on the hoods, the masks, both, or if I'll create separate mods for the hoods and the masks having the enchant), but that's not my problem. Right now, I've just finished creating the inside of the hoods (for the umpteenth time, I'm never happy with it) and each time I've imported it into nifskope, the body tags are missing. How would I go about copying those tags onto my new nif?

If you need screenshots, nifs, or blend files, let me know. I'd be happy to show you anything you like.

Thanks.

- Darkness

According to the title you are exporting from Blender as .obj and importing into NifSkope. If by tags you mean vertex weighting, then therin lies your problem. .Obj does not support vertex weight data, amongst other things, which is why you should avoid using it. This data is used to tell the bones (NiNodes) how much influence they have for a give vertex.

You should try the blender_nif_scripts as they have better export support, albeit that there is more steps involved.

I can't get blender nif scripts, because it isn't supported on my version of blender. I've looked at it before, it's very much behind the current blender release. I've also attempted to use blender 2.4.9, and it's terribly confusing, even compared to the current version of blender. (I came from 3DS MAX) I also remember having trouble with those python scripts, and I believe PyFFI had a bunch of issues with my computer. Are there any other options? Perhaps learning how to configure the NiNodes myself? Or export my model as a different file type and copy the NiNodes from the original?

- Darkness