Cyclic interaction in LOOT?

yagimaynee

Hey, so i recently switched from NMM to MO, and now in MO when i try to run LOOT with the sort button, I get this error message:

"Failed to calculate the load order. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp" and "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp"

After a few minutes of googling I was under the impression that it couldn't calculate my load order because the Dragonborn patch was above the Skyrim patch, seemed easy enough to fix, until i realized that the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch is a .esm, where as the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (along with the other patches) is a .esp, so I cannot move the Dragonborn patch below the Skyrim patch.

Anybody know how I would fix this? Because I'm getting crash to desktops because of my load order. Any advice would help

The unofficial patches are all false flagged esm files. This means they are actually esms regardless of the .esp file extension.

As for your error, I suggest trying to run LOOT through Mod Organizer as a shortcut, rather than using the built in button. Not sure why, but we've had weird reports of the build in option producing incorrect results.

Hey, so i recently switched from NMM to MO, and now in MO when i try to run LOOT with the sort button, I get this error message:

"Failed to calculate the load order. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp" and "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp"

After a few minutes of googling I was under the impression that it couldn't calculate my load order because the Dragonborn patch was above the Skyrim patch, seemed easy enough to fix, until i realized that the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch is a .esm, where as the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (along with the other patches) is a .esp, so I cannot move the Dragonborn patch below the Skyrim patch.

Anybody know how I would fix this? Because I'm getting crash to desktops because of my load order. Any advice would help

I receive the same error message when I run it through MO as a shortcut

Like SilentSpike69 said and they should all be the same. Maybe you've updated the rest and not the Dragonborn one? Also I read that you need to download LOOT, run it and after the initial run of the program that way (Still through MO but not the 'sort' button in MO) you can then use the built in one. Apparently it sorts the built in one out, can't remember how exactly mind. That worked for me anyway, I checked and after running LOOT and then the built in version and it reported nothing had changed.

Like SilentSpike69 said and they should all be the same. Maybe you've updated the rest and not the Dragonborn one? Also I read that you need to download LOOT, run it and after the initial run of the program that way (Still through MO but not the 'sort' button in MO) you can then use the built in one. Apparently it sorts the built in one out, can't remember how exactly mind. That worked for me anyway, I checked and after running LOOT and then the built in version and it reported nothing had changed.

I have tried running LOOT itself with a shortcut in MO, with the sort button, and just by running the .exe and I receive the same result, it just says it wont sort my load order because of cyclic interaction

The top of your Load Order is not correct..it should look like this...

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
03 Dawnguard.esm
04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
05 HearthFires.esm
06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
07 Dragonborn.esm
08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.2]
09 ApachiiHair.esm
0A Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0B ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
0C Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
0D SkyMoMod.esm
Do you have the latest LOOT?

The top of your Load Order is not correct..it should look like this...

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
03 Dawnguard.esm
04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
05 HearthFires.esm
06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.3]
07 Dragonborn.esm
08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.2]
09 ApachiiHair.esm
0A Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0B ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
0C Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
0D SkyMoMod.esm
Do you have the latest LOOT?

Yes I do have the latest version, although I can't use it because I get an error message and it cancels sorting.