Bug at Blood On The Ice Quest

letthehammerfall

Guys, I need some help. Just started a brand new game and now I'm in Windhelm. Started the quest Blood on the Ice, did everything alright, but, when I enter Hjerim for the 1st time, I can't interact with the chest, can't interact with the cabinet, neither pick up the pamphlet. Help?

Have you completed the civil war in the empires favor after receiving the quest? If so I think you are sol since the stormclock guards are gone. I have made this mistake afew times. If that isn't the case I am not sure what the issue is exactly but it sounds like the game doesn't think you are to that point in the quest so maybe go back and take to the NPC in the Hall of the Dead (if that is the one that sends to the house I don't remember).

I'm having this exact same problem, and yes i did complete the civil war in empires favor after receiving the quest. Is there a way to fix this? Because I started this quest a long time ago and reloading a previous save is out of the question.

I'm having this exact same problem, and yes i did complete the civil war in empires favor after receiving the quest. Is there a way to fix this? Because I started this quest a long time ago and reloading a previous save is out of the question.

I hope you're on PC, otherwise you're just screwed.

If you are, use the magic of CONSOLE COMMANDS. Press the tilde key (~). It's right next to the 1 on a standard keyboard.

Okay, so you've pressed tilde and the menu came up. Time to type, buster.

SetStage MS11 80

Now Viola will probably run at full speed towards Hjerim. If this doesn't work, PM me and we can try alternate strategies.

• 1 year later...