Creation Kit Staves

Zam138

So, it pretty much speaks for itself. Are there any detailed explanations for creating a custom staff from scratch, like meshes, enchantments, etc? The only tutorials I've been able to find are ones that go over how to make swords.

Edited by Zam138

• 2 years later...

I ran in the same problem, with editing staves or making staff statics, so I pretty much looked after it. What I found is, that I can't find any staff meshes in my computer at any folders, but my Creation Kit and Skyrim sees it.

Altanis, you would need to download something like fallout mod manager, in order to be able to unpack the Skyrim - Meshes .bsa and extract whatever meshes you want to work with. The same program, procedure for Skyrim - Textures. (I have found it worlds easier to work with meshes, when they are textured.

This tutorial is for simple retextures, but it will list and link the programs you'll need to be able to work with them. http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Retexture_Tutorial

As far as creating new meshes goes, I cannot help you. Way above my skill level, but you can use nifskope to change the textures (make a staff a different color or design pattern,) as well as shorter, longer, thicker, etc.