Heavy Traffic ×

Transfer of saves and mods from regular Skyrim to Legendary Edition

KewlMunky

I currently still only have the regular edition of Skyrim, and am contemplating purchasing the Legendary edition as it would be cheaper than buying all the DLC separately. My primary concern is if I would be able to properly load my save files to the Legendary version? Would it be just as simple as copying and pasting them from the regular game's save fold to the new one's folder?

As for mods, would nexus detect the Legendary edition as a different game, or would I unapply and reapply all the mods?

Thanks.

There is zero difference between the "Legendary" edition and buying all the DLCs separately. All the Legendary version is is Skyrim and the DLCs packaged into one download. It will be considered the same game by both Steam and the Nexus, and all your saves will load with it just fine.

What you will want to do, though, is update any of your mods that have DLC or Legendary versions. While not strictly necessary, you'll likely want your mods to extend to DLC content as well. Just be sure to read the mod descriptions carefully, and follow any upgrade instructions to the letter.