E3

hybrid_snyper

With E3 just round the corner was wondering what everyone is looking forward too. theres the obvious appearances from the playstation team but is there anything else that has wet our appetites. Personally im looking forward to Quake wars, if it looks anything like the videos from last years E3 then its something to get excited about.

What tickles your fancy?

HS

Quake Wars obviously (go the guys from Kent! :D) I'm hoping there'll be some kind of turn-out from STALKER, but I'm not holding my breath. The new game from Bohemia Interactive ("Next-Gen FPS Game", although I prefer the codename "OPF2") has my interest, but I've seem little from it since a preview last year. The "new" Max Payne game called Alan Wake looks pretty good, if you are a fan of the slower, scarier action game.

Also, (lol), Supreme Commander, Spore, and Crysis look fantastic and are sure to make a decent appearance there. Now, all I have to do is somehow get some press credentials to get in the doors. Dark0ne, how would you feel about taking a friend with you? ;D

Also, (lol), Supreme Commander, Spore, and Crysis look fantastic and are sure to make a decent appearance there. Now, all I have to do is somehow get some press credentials to get in the doors. Dark0ne, how would you feel about taking a friend with you? ;D

Spore looks awesome, i just hope they get it right, there seems to be a lot of hype around it. Didnt think game of that scale would be possible, always thought if i could make a game it would be something along those lines. Ceysis looks nice too, love the whole soft shadow thing they've got going.

SO i take it Dark0ne will be venturing out the the expo centre?

Hybrid_snyper

Ouch. Bloody Americans - its legal for you to own a firearm, but not to drink - show me the logic in that. Still, you are probably right though - E3 without drink would just be a massive collection of nerds crammmed together in sweltering heat :D

That Cell Factor thing looks interesting. A bit consoly at first glance, but still you never know. I left off that AGEIA Physx card, that'll be sure to have a big stall. The Epic stand as well should be good, perhaps some info on their new single-player game thats supposed to be being developed alongside UT2007.

ive seen this before used as a tech demo for the physx card, something elese im going to need to buy, looks a little early in the dev cycle. Looks hectic though, couldnt imagine 32 players throwing everyting and anything around the map, you wouldnt have a chance

H

• 4 weeks later...
Well E£ is here, sony holding a press conference today at midnight uk time, think u can watch it live at gamespot if anyone is interested. I wonder if the price tag will be announced?

Archived