267 replies to this topic

leeus

leeus

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 338 posts
In response to post #54123053.

Spoiler

ENBBoost and ENBSeries for Oblivion are two different things, each has its own download and different versions even.

ENB Boost is this one -> http://enbdev.com/patch_oblivion_enboost_v0259.htm
ENB Series is this one -> http://enbdev.com/mod_tesoblivion_v0181.htm

You have to chose one or the other, can't have both at the same time. AFAIK, ENB Boost don't have the graphics code in it, it's just a performance patch... but maybe the graphics mod has the performance enhancement additions (at least some of them) but in turn it'd probably cost you some FPS on a low end system, depending on what you enable.

ENB Boost doesn't have an in-game menu, just displays a splash while the game is loading and that's it.
ENB Series has an in-game tweaking menu in which you can test all kind of changes to the parameters.

Hope this helps :)

dormdude

dormdude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
In response to post #54123053. #54125758 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

oh thank you. It's a bit different for some other games. fallout 4 enboost was just and edited ini file for enbseries. so that's where my confusion came from.

Tharkun221

Tharkun221

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
Thank you Boris. Nice work, makes Oblivion run smoother.

Already had the 4gb patch and oblivion stutter remover on my game and added EnBoost with no issues.

Have Win10, 8Gb system Ram, 4Gb RX480 AMD video card, and a fairly heavily moded game.
I changed these two settings to:
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

Apparently windows 10 can't use more than 4GB of VRAM for DX9 games so setting the first parameter higher is no use (this may change in a future Win10 update).
Increasing the ReservedMem from the default 256 to 384 reduced stuttering a bit, setting it to 512 eliminated stuttering!--still get a lag when
Oblivion loads a new area but that's normal.

No CTD's so far but I havn't played that long with this patch installed, but it's worth installing it just for the smoother graphics.

Auge1

Auge1

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 392 posts
In response to post #54123053. #54125758, #54132003 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you! I am a little confused though. In Skyrim the enblocal. ini has settings for VRAM (I have there 10240 MB as the highest possible setting since I got 32 GB RAM and 11GB VRAM),in Borisīs enblocal.ini, the VRAM is predefined to 0. Do you by any chance know if it is necessary and possible to change that? Or are we supposed to leve it like that? Thanks!! :D
Hans

xuehualn

xuehualn

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am wondering does anyone have a copy of SSE -Optimized textures? I need to reduce my VRam since it is going passed what I have.

muffinz10

muffinz10

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

For anyone that's experiencing crashes with the ENB wrapper version (the injector version doesn't seem to be working properly for many people so far as I can tell, so that isn't a good substitute), there's a very good chance this will solve the problem:

(note, this first part will likely only be an immediate solution for those using Windows 10/8, for those not I suggest you read on anyway because I'll get to an encompassing solution at the end.)

-Click the Windows button and type "msconfig" then hit enter
-Go to the "Services" tab
-Find the service in the list titled "Program Compatibility Assistant Service" and deselect its checkbox
-Hit OK and restart your computer

That should do it.

For those with crashes persisting, and those without Windows 10, you're going to have to determine which Windows process is conflicting, because there's a good chance that that is the cause of your problems. So:

-Open "msconfig" again. (If these instructions don't quite match the interface from previous Windows versions just fill in the gaps with brain power or google or ask here)
-In the "General" tab choose the "Selective startup" option and deselect "Load system services" and "Load startup items"
-Go to the "Services" tab and ensure everything is deselected.
-Hit OK and Restart your computer

If any of your startup programs initiate after the restart (mine did, which seems like a Windows bug to me) just terminate them with task manager and then run Oblivion. If it doesn't crash, congratulations, you now know one of the processes you deactivated (including your startup programs) was the cause of your woes. All you have to do now is go through the tedious process of activating/deactivating/restarting/launching Oblivion as per the above instructions until you can narrow down exactly which process is causing the conflict. Have fun!

E: Don't forget to activate everything in the "Services" tab again (except whatever was causing the crash).

Edited by muffinz10, 30 November 2017 - 10:37 PM.

jackthemodder

jackthemodder

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
The description says "requires enbseries 196 or newer" but the latest version is only 181.

RavenMind

RavenMind

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #55033743.

Spoiler

+1 Kudos muffinz. Thanks!

RavenMind

RavenMind

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #55337578.

Spoiler

I think he posted that due to the fact that he included the ENBoost "patch" in 196 for Skyrim. You don't want that version of ENB Series if you're running an ENB, use the Oblivion v181. You can also use ENBoost with it, to help with VRAM. Or just use ENBoost if you're not planning on running an ENB preset.
See leeus's post 2 prior to this.

Edited by RavenMind, 19 November 2017 - 01:03 PM.

phillipjohnmc

phillipjohnmc

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
just to confirm, i place into oblivion folder:
- d3d9.dll (from enbseries 0.181 for oblivion) and
- enblocal.ini (from this mod's files, for enboost)

is that correct?

Edited by phillipjohnmc, 02 December 2017 - 11:06 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.131 seconds