Adjust hardcore mode

omnomnomgoat

Would love to see a mod that gives you the ability to turn on and off certain features of hardcore mode.

For example I would love to have it have settings like frostfall (skyrim) where you can make it so it doesnt kill you. Also there are certain features (companions die) that I would like off, while others (need to eat, drink, etc) I would like to keep on (without having ability to kill you). I am actually surprised this doesnt exist or at least not easy to find.

Removing the death upon not eating drinking too much would kind of defeat the purpose. If you don't want to have to eat or drink for so long that you hit the death limits, why bother playing in hardcore? There are quite a few companion essential mods, so you can pick one of those easily (JIP CC&C has an option for it, among many other things).

Taking the death effects off is as simple as removing the "damage health 10000" effect from the final stage of all the effects, but again, since most of those only kill if you don't pay attention, and that's what bugs you, why play in hardcore?

Well why does frostfall have a lite mode that lets you play with some of the features without completely hitting you hard? The idea is that I dont mind hunger and thirst hurting my stats I just would like it to not kill. I just would like the ability to set it in a way that would fit my style of play and I cant imagine im the only one.

I understand your point of view but can you truly say that more options are not better for the user. I mean that is the great thing about mods is that you can make options for all types of users.

You say why I say why not lol

I do like the companion essential mods and I use them but I would like to go a little further.

I don't even know what Frostfall has, so I have no clue why they do it? I do know that a lot of Skyrim has some dumbed down stuff compared to fallout (no locational damage a big one).

Anyway, since you can't seem to find what you want, sounds like a good time to learn how to mod :)

I already said how to keep food/sleep/thirst from killing you, by going into GECK and removing the Damage Health 10000 effect from the final stage. They can be found in the Gameplay menu in the menu bar, where you can find the object names to filter for in the Object Window.

If you're confused, here's a mod that removes no sleeping death: link

Well I managed to figure it out for the sleep deprivation, water deprivation, and food deprivation but there are still a couple things I cant seem to find in the creation kit.

1. would like sleep in any bed to heal and restore limbs. (cant find where to edit it)

"Well why does frostfall" Just stop right there. Frostfall is a Skyrim mod, it is completely unrelated to fallout new vegas, modding in the two games is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

That is all.

"Well why does frostfall" Just stop right there. Frostfall is a Skyrim mod, it is completely unrelated to fallout new vegas, modding in the two games is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

That is all.

Yes but a mod idea that works well for skyrim usually will fit well with Fallout.

Lets say instead having a exposure rate to the cold, its an exposure rate to the heat.

Just because it is a skyrim mod doesn't make it completely unrelated, just partially unrelated.

Well first off I was using frostfall as a comparison for the modular design that I was looking for. Second time I mentioned it to counter the "why would you want that" argument which for some reason is such a popular comment on a mod request.

So I was not mentioning it assuming it is the same to mod it in at all but figured it was a good comparison.

But to get back on topic

1. would like sleep in any bed to heal and restore limbs immediately. (cant find where to edit it)

Edited by omnomnomgoat

I dont think their hardcoded considering that these exist.

Weightless Ammo In Hardcore Mode

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48052/?

An Ode to Bed - HP and Limb Regeneration While Sleeping

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54736/?

The problem with this mod is that It also heals you while waiting plus its also using a script to heal you. You think that there would be a sleep function that you can make stop checking for hardcore mode. And that is what I really want to do.

This is becoming less of a mod request and more of a how to because I am trying to figure out how to make it.

Edited by omnomnomgoat