• Please log in to reply
3583 replies to this topic

FalloutHog

FalloutHog

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Dracomies and Weijiesen, this is an awesome piece of work!

I really like the realistic feeling with this mod.
The caravan victims, the injured people all over the wasteland and the work on most of the npcs. Now they look like humans.
And thanks for editing Mr. Holdout. He was always a thorn in my eye.

I have installed your mod and everything works right out of the box.

Thank you both for this mod. Endorsed!

Dracomies

Dracomies

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
In response to post #16874819.

Glad you like it. Cheers!

gabbe1200

gabbe1200

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
I've only got one thing to say, Fantastic!
Can't wait to get my game up running with mods soon :)

BrainFever

BrainFever

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts

Hi I would like to ask something and sorry if it has been discussed earlier, but I wasn't able to follow the whole discussion-update of your mod this last month.

You state in the comments section and also in the more detailed guide in your page that we must disable all the FCO plugins except maybe the glowing ghouls. Ok I can understand that you have optimized the installation in a way that Redesigned can co-exist with FCO in a way that there are no conflicts since these 2 mods both affect NPC's and their appearance.  But without any FCO plugin active in fact you get nothing from FCO if I am correct right(except maybe some meshes or textures)?

So my question is, if we keep the FCO plugins and we install after them the Redesigned plugins and then create a custom patch in which in every NPC's facegen conflict we let Redesigned to "win", but in the NPCs that Redesigned makes no changes we forward FCO's FaceGen records, in the end will there be any problem?? To my understanding, this would make every NPC that Redesigned alters to have your mod's changes and all the rest that are unaffected by Redesigned to have the changes from FCO is that correct?

DirtyBlue929

DirtyBlue929

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
In response to post #16885809. #16886834 is also a reply to the same post.

The only characters this mod doesn't touch are already good designs, and are not touched by the mod. The FCO mod modifies them pointlessly, sometimes for the worse - and even if you think they're good, they are extremely different from this mod's face designs and would look very jarring when placed next to the Redesign's faces.

Edited by DirtyBlue929, 26 July 2014 - 04:17 AM.

Dracomies

Dracomies

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
In response to post #16885809. #16886834, #16890839, #16892759 are all replies on the same post.

@BrainFever

Conventional wisdom says to enable FCO and then to enable New Vegas Redesigned 3. Put FCO on the top and put New Vegas Redesigned 3 on the bottom.

However, the correct approach is to use one or the other.

In Fallout New Vegas, some characters needed a lot of work  ==>THE HORRIBLY HORRIFIC ORIGINAL DESIGNS<==

but some characters were fine and I felt they were fine just the way they were. 

This mod fixes a lot of issues with the original designs but it will leave the faces that were OK to begin with..alone. 

And that is key. Some faces shouldn't be redesigned.

However, if you enable FCO alongside my mod, you will get his versions instead.

And his faces will replace the characters that I felt should have been left alone.

The meshes of Fallout Character Overhaul add variety and realism but they don't work on every character.

And that distinction is important.

I've given Obsidian flack on how lazy their faces were made but some were perfectly fine, ie. The King. Ringo. Arcade Gannon. Lieutenant Monroe. Jessup.

FCO does not.  

(The images below are examples of characters that I left alone in New Vegas Redesigned 3 but will be changed to FCO versions when FCO is enabled.)

MONROE
KING
RINGO
JESSUP
CHET
ORRIS
CANNIBAL JOHNSON
MILO
RALPH

When FCO is enabled, it will replace my faces with his renditions.

**Another key difference between our two mods is in the way we sculpt and design faces in GECK.

A face can look very different depending on how you sculpt it in GECK, even when using the same meshes and same textures.

However, when you turn on FCO, his faces will replace some of mine.

(BTW Cass looks angry here but it's because she's initially upset when you first see her. Her eyebrows come back to normal after the dialogue.)

iKrhFtI.jpg

Long story short.

Although FCO will "technically" work with New Vegas Redesigned 3, it's best not to. It's best to use one or the other. But not both. This makes it so that you will get New Vegas Redesigned 3's faces instead of the ones in FCO and it leaves the characters I left alone (ie. Lt. Monroe), etc. alone.

Edited by Dracomies, 01 August 2014 - 05:19 AM.

drithius

drithius

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
In response to post #16885809. #16886834, #16890839, #16892164 are all replies on the same post.

Should link back to this post within a FAQ - save yourself some headache!

encinodude

encinodude

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
@Dracomies

I've got a question about how you managed to 'optimize' some faces for the Pip-Boy light. I'm very satisfied with the PC face I made, but I find that when I turn on the Pip-Boy light in the dark his face becomes weirdly deformed. Is there a real method to your 'optimization' process, or do you just do it through trial and error?

Dracomies

Dracomies

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
In response to post #16900139.

It applies mostly for the women (particular ones). The men shouldn't need a flashlight.

i.e Cass is optimized to look better with flashlight (indoors), same for Veronica, Doctor Usunagi, etc.

Edited by Dracomies, 26 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Rovlad84

Rovlad84

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Dracomies, do you use or would recommend to use Interior Lighting Overhaul? Meaning, does it clash with your intended NPC designs?

Edited by Rovlad84, 26 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.787 seconds