REQUEST: Elder Scrolls Anomaly Adaptaion

LunisSpellweaver

This is a big puppy as for my large story arc concepts. As you probably don't know as of yet, I am in the process of writing a story based in the Elder Scrolls universe, called Elder Scrolls: Anomaly. Although the story is only in it's draft stage (I may even re-write it with new concepts and updated characters), the story is vast, and explores the mysteries of what created not just the world, but all of existence.

The original story follows Amuil Geeltus, an Argonian who was freed from enslavement by the Ebonheart Pact during the events of Elder Scrolls Online, on a journey to discover who he really is, and to retrieve his stolen soul from Molag Bal. On the way, he met the kind-hearted but mysterious Imperial Maxwell Collins, the shadowy Kajiiti Assassin Zeon Solspoor, the loyal Breton Achin Vallas, and learn of the mysterious "ninth" (because there were eight at the time) divine, Terra, the Divine of Hope, and the malevolent force of pure darkness, Anima.

Eventually, his journey finds him far outside his own time, released from a frozen time vault by the Thalmor of the Fourth Era. He learns that he had been given a soul, but not his own (he gained the soul of a dragon). On the search for this "gifter", he stumbles back into an old friend's arms: that of Maxwell Collins, defending Amuil's descendants. He also encounters Zeon, who has lived via Vampirism. Eventually, he finds an unexpected truth that not only forced him to question his purpose, but also change everything he thought about the realms beyond, and unlocked the hidden secret behind the creation of all worlds: the mysterious energy known as "Aether"

This story is a long line in the planned stories of the Aetherborn Trilogy, a string of stories that spans multiple franchises, all connected under one, complex idea.

Now, the mod details. Obviously, this will be a long story mod, drawing directly from the source material. However, the story will have to be adapted (as the current version contains vanilla characters and a mod follower, to be changed soon), and there are definitely tons of plot points to cover. To start, the story arc will expand on the mod concept presented here, using many of the equipment found within. The mod will also add several new spells relevant to the story, a few more followers, new powers, new locations, and an extremely unique dragon follower, Ohm the Devout. The current line up for followers is: Zeon, a Vampire follower with a unique stealth AI and Vampire Lord Form; Maxwell Collins, who is practically impossible to kill and has unique powers and AI; Dagrlaf the Lion, a Nord Paladin with unique defensive powers and protective behavior AI; Zoena Lemes, a Breton Cleric with a special Healing AI and a Marriage option; Teegul Metus, a custom Argonian follower who wields a Bow and is a typical Ranger character.

Some of the new locations should contain unique puzzles linked to the story (and may even appear in the new version), and a few locations act as a way to gain new powers.

Every new spell, location, character, and voiced line would be custom made, using new textures, effects, models, animations, designs, and custom lines made by voice actors.

The new version of the story will be released in due time, and when it does, the real progress can begin. I will link the new story once it has gains sufficient progress...

quick question... is Amuil Geeltus a follower or a person you work with? because if you plan on making him the player character then his race should be human and his name is only for the sake of having a name. as this is Skyrim you have to keep the ability to create your own character available to the player. on top of that make sure to make several choices that can lead to different out comes. if you don't do these things very few people will be interested in this.

Amuil Geeltus will be a person you work with. Although he could be made into a follower, he was a character I often use for Elder Scrolls games. Since I will be playing Skyrim with this character anyways, I might as well not make him someone who constantly follows you around.

Darglaf the Lion, Zoena Lemes, and Teegul Metus are characters from Amuil's traveling party in the Fourth Era. Zeon is a soloist with his own agenda, despite caring deeply for Amuil's safety. Maxwell Collins is unique because there is something mysterious driving him on his current path. You will learn why in the story.

Ohm is the only remaining Follower of Terra, the Lost Divine of Hope, and the only featured dragon in the story.

One of Amuil's descendents, Shahei, is under the care of Maxwell Collins, under the adoptive name of Elsa after a dispute with the Thalmor Justicar Falamo Jaerian. She is pivotal in the initiation of the story arc.

Falamo Jaerian is a rival of Maxwell Collins, after Collins beat the former in a game of Chess. He is one of the antagonists throughout the first half of the story.

Not many know what the mysterious force Anima really is. Some say he really isn't a material being at all. However, one thing is for certain: he cannot be trusted.

The main story (outside the mod) has one ending. The modded story has three. Each outcome is dictated by what choices you make. However, each ending is quite similar to one another. One causes Terra to return to his role as the giver of hope, but at the cost of sacrificing his friendships. Another gets Amuil killed. And the final one kills Falamo, but also kills Shahei, and nearly kills Olm. No matter what happens, the ending isn't good.

Unfortunately, in the main story, there is no reference to the player. It would simply be impossible to implement due to the vast variety of choices in their actions. It may have to be up to the modder on how the player is implemented.

Unfortunately, there is no way to acknowledge the player in the actual story. When the story is implemented into the mod, the modder will need to add some creative twists to add the player to the story.

In the main story, there is one reference to the Dragonborn, but will only happen once. The modded story would be slightly different.

Ok, as a fellow writter (hats off by the way, great plot!), i do have some constructive critisism, if you dont mind. "Anima" the name of the bad guy, means "soul", i think that name would be more likely to be linked to a good divinity/daedra. Also remember, the names given to the aedra and daedra all have a meaning in the daedric dictionary you can google it for references, ive find it very usefull when writting fan fiction (even tho i never actually uploaded it anywhere). On the modding part, give it a kick start by giving the player a quest to find some hidden power within a dungeon of sorts. When youre inside youre asked by a shrine stone to deliver a dragon soul (player would be first hand informed of the need of one, thus explaining why it HAS to be the dragonborn coming to this place). Once you deliver the soul, Amuil yet remains to appear death, place some gold and leveled loot in a nice chest at the end and you got yourself a decoy, making the player think thats all there is there... Until a couple ingame days after that, he is approached by a thankfull Amuil, who has been tracking him down to thank you for bringing him back to life. Then you give the option to offer your help to Amuil in getting his own soul back, kick some (a.k.a a LOT) of daedra butt, and why not, an epic battle against Molag Bal for Amuil's soul, inside Molag Ball's plain of Oblivion. I mean... How many mods give you the chance to ACTUALLY kick a Daedra Lord right in his buttcrack?

Oh and please, give it atleast ONE (hard to get) good ending, people doesnt like it when you go killing characters they fall inlove with...

The actual plot goes somewhat different. In Anomaly, Amuil is the Dragonborn, except for the one point where another Dragonborn is referenced. Amuil gained his Dragonborn powers after Olm found his frozen prison (he was trapped in time, thanks to the works of "Anima". Also the reason I used Anima was that another force just like him exists in another story: Xicohtencatl, the Void Weaver (Which is Aztec). If I changed Anima's name, I would have to use an Aztec name, which is already confusing.) Ohm, well aware the time vault couldn't be broken until it's set time-frame is reached, gave a piece of his soul to fill Amuil's soul-shriven void.

How the story arc can begin is exactly how the whole journey begins. I was thinking of implementing the courier system, setting a bounty for Elsa Spellweaver (Shahei Geeltus), Maxwell's adopted daughter, after a threat by Falamo against her life in order to break Maxwell. Of course, the player doesn't realize this, as the letter was forged to look like a typical Imperial bounty letter. This is an actual event in the real story. The courier can tell the player how he feels sorry for the child, and asks you to locate Maxwell. That could start the story arc.

To be blunt, each ending is sad. However, the first ending stated is actually the good ending. The others are alternate endings where you make the wrong decisions. No matter what ending happens, Anima is repelled, and Mundus can never again be threatened by that force. Obviously, if you choose the good ending, you will loose a powerful follower, and gain another that is slightly less powerful: Amuil. Killing Falamo also de-powers Ohm, who was a deadly force before, and you loose Shahei. Getting Amuil killed removes both him and Zeon from the follower pool (Zeon has harsh words for you for the loss of his friend, and, trust me, if you plan on making a stealth character, you will not want to lose him), and hinders your relationship with Maxwell and Amuil's original crew (in the form of sometimes refusing your requests or just flat out abandoning you).

To get the good ending, it may be a good idea to pay attention to the story. Analyze every character, and absolutely pay attention to Anima's conversations. Forces like him are manipulative, so the actions of some may not be their own.