Problems With Rigging a Helmet

Kyle8497

(For this I am using Blender and the other associated tools)

I'm following this great guide http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11495-converting-armors-to-skyrim-the-blender-way/ , but I'm running into issues. (Currently, I'm on the part: Preparing the .nif files for Skyrim.

1) I've exported my rigged helmet, but in NIFSkope, there aren't any NiTriShapes, they're all NiTriStips.

2) The Num Children value is 2 and not 1 like in the tutorial. When I change it to 0 like it says, there isn't a Children branch anymore, it's just Children and I cannot "Open the Children tree and click on 1. Delete that and press Enter. None should appear instead of 1."

3) What does it even mean when it says, in step 17 of Preparing the .nif files for Skyrim, "17. Do step 10., but this time click one of the None. Now input the number that's in front of your BSLightingShaderProperty at the bottom of your tree." What the heck is "one of the None"?

I think I just need someone to rewrite that whole section so it's more clear and understandable. Thank you so much.

Edited by Kyle8497

Im sry that i cant help you with your specific problem since i use 3ds max for armor import export in any case i can recommend this tutorial playlist by nightasy

hell this guy teached me how to put armors into skyrim and more! maybe it will help you too :smile:

Edited by standalone09