Fallout 3 cant reach Rockland car Tunnel and enemies behaving strangely

Whenever I walk around the southwestern corner of the map the game crashes. Because of this I cannot reach Rockland train tunnel for one of the broken steel quests.

the problem seems to be caused by a large amount of enemies fighting near by. i can see a large group of raiders, radscorpians, and deathclaws fighting, but as soon as i get close the frame rate drops and the game crashes.

i have noticed that enemies tend to converge in certain areas of the map for some reason. for example: i enter a raider encampment only to find it deserted; im pretty sure the enemies have just walked off somewhere. another example is in the metro tunnels. i enter a tunnel that i know should have feral gouls in it but they are gone. i enter another part of the tunnel and i find 30+ gouls all bunched together. this glitch has also made it so unique named enemies are not found where they are supposed to be.

this glitch has been happening from when i first got the game on pc. it has only ever been an annoyance until now because i cant reach the R. car tunnel.

This glitch has never happened to me on the xbox version of the game.

post a mod list of the order of things from the C:|username\apps/fallout3\plugin.txt file ...it's contents here as a post.

do not post a Loot or nmm or fomm list, I want what is listed in that real time file.

what you describe is similar to load order issues.

kitty

Plugins.txt:

Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
aHUD.esm
iHUD.esm
CINEMATECH.esm
Hunters Ridge V4.esp
ImaginatorFO3.esp
The Dockside Inn_v1b_Redux.esp
EVE.esm
Project Beauty.esm
Camp Meridian.esp
WC4campsites.esp
Farpost Hollow_v1.esp
DK_BulletTime.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
CaravanUpgrades.esp
megalight.esp
ShellRain.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp
ComboHeadgearPITT.esp
ComboHeadgearOA.esp
ComboHeadgear.esp
DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
Flora Overhaul.esp
Directors Chair - Fallout 3.esp
Millenia_CombatShotgun_replacer.esp
FO3_WRP.esp
Glock19.esp
WinterizedT51bDX.esp
EVE.esp
AxeandDBSrepair.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

if you have a saved game that was not involved with that mod? run that one and go to that spot.

hmm, well, you will need some what to tell what mods / plugins were running at a time and place during game plays.

Fomm..? on site version http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991/? has in it a way to view the saved gaes archived plugins involved with them. the trick is to find and Identify which one of the saved games has zero use of that mod, load the game normally as you did with fomm's properties and choose that ID'd saved game and see if the bug is gone.......if so, then you can continue.

the saved game is a data base, much link windows stores data, the game stores data, say you installed a program and sense that install, windows does weird things and if you uninstalled it, windows continues to do strange things? well we use the roll back feature of the os to remove, put the system back to where it was prior to making the wrongs choices.

this same method applies to all games. find a data base /saved game that has zero data stored from that mod as it won't have it's name listed as being involved.

understand?

kitty

I did a fresh install of the game with no mods. once in game i went to the crash spot and it still crashed. next i downloaded a fresh character off nexus and went to the spot and all the enemies were gone and the game ran flawlessly. this is great but is there anyway of de-spawning the enemies in my old save ?

I did a fresh install of the game with no mods. once in game i went to the crash spot and it still crashed. next i downloaded a fresh character off nexus and went to the spot and all the enemies were gone and the game ran flawlessly. this is great but is there anyway of de-spawning the enemies in my old save ?

In all my trials I found once data like your description is found to be stored in any archived game, no matter what you do, that data can not be removed.

this is like a system registry file ..for the game. so, the saved game is a loss. they are great to save for testing bug tests but you have to maintain vigilantes about what your doing and not lose sight of it.

fallouts are buggy, there is no denying that. if any one else would volunteer to try and ripp out the code on a different system, that is the only way i have seen remove such code. too much work. there are tools , saved game tools that can attempt to remove the code but how would you ID the exact hex placement? too much work.

for future play throws. it's best to get mod of the game finished before adding on mods. this way you have a large contingency of saved game to draw from. some mods change the games structure from the start, like FWE, or other custom made modes. Games changers.

well, any way , you have it figured out now so have fun.

kitty