New to modding Skyrim

Custom667

Hello,

I'm new here on this website, ready to try out some modding.
Not new to Skyrim, played this game a lot on PS3. Now I've got it on the PC, I'm ready to make this game a bit better.

I have around 20 mods istalled now (NMM), it runs stable fps (good PC specs). But I think some mods are not
working well with each other, not all the mods are working. Where can I find some info about fully modding this game into something amazing while all mods running well with each other?
Tips are welcome to, I know there is a program called BOSS for the loadorder but I don't really know how this works. I also understood that the .ini file is important.

Let me introduce you to a man named "Gopher." I was new to modding not that long ago and with his help, I was able to learn how to mod. He has an excellent series of tutorial vids that are just amazing. I would watch the entire series!

All right thanks, this has been a great help to me.
I have noticed something else in my Skyrim. I've got blue edges around my weapons in first person view while

looking at the water. I've installed SKyUI/unofficial skyrim patch/world map/W.A.T.E.R. and Immersive Hud mods. I have used NMM

for these mods, and also run the game without these mods. Blue outline still appears.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/504639052671511940/1C0002288603B9893E277B65A9192F3EE497AFEA/

screenshot from someone else, exactly same problem.
anti-aliasing off doesn't help, mods I've installed and then deinstalled:
- Quality World Map

- Immersive HUD
- Unofficial Skyrim patches (also for Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard, got Legendary edition)
- SkyUI
- SKSE (script extender)
- W.A.T.E.R. / Pure Waters

Installed and uninstalled all the mods through NMM.
When I'm running the original game without mods, still got these blue outlining.
Is it possible this has been caused by these mods?

That's odd. I'm wondering if it is an AA issue (Antialiasing). Try this:

1. Open up Steam and hit "Play" on your Skyrim title (Don't open with your SKSE launcher).

2. Your launcher window should open up for the game. You should see a button called graphics or setup or something like that (Going off memory here while at work).

3. One of your options should be Antialiasing. Trying to disable this just to see if that is the cause.

4. Close your launcher and launch Skyrim normally (Through your SKSE launcher).

You have so few mods it could be a graphics card issue instead. You might also want to make sure your graphics card drivers are all up to date as well.

That is odd indeed. I used to use the 760 card myself and I don't ever recall anything like that. I poked around the internet and disabling AA was the only thing I saw other people recommend as well. I found this thread from about a year ago and it seems like they are having the same issue as you. Sadly there was no resolve and the only post said it was a game engine issue:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/934812-help-blow-light-around-handsweapons/

Funny though I've never noticed that in my game...

Maybe you can run your Nvidia tool and have it optimize Skyrim for you? I normally will increase all graphics settings in-game, then head over to the Nvidia and pump up the graphics even more (Like enabling Ambient Occlusion, etc). With a GeForce 760 you should be able to run at full graphics especially since you're not running any hi-resolution texture packs or ENB's.

Yes I've been reading a lot of topics about this, only AA off was the solution.
The outlining is less, but still there. And it's only when I'm looking at the water with my weapons.
I've optimized Skyrim, still there. I think I'm going to unistall the game and re-install so I;m sure It's not caused by mods.

That's not a bad idea. I'm a big fan of a fresh re-start to rule out any unforeseen issues. I've uninstalled Skyrim about three times so far just so I can start fresh. Every time I do it I get more confident at modding and creating a stable game. Now I run about 180+ plugins and tons of textures mods with very little issues.

If that fixes your issue, let me know. I'm just curious to know if it was a funky issue with a mod.