Need to create additional Attribute counters (like magicka, health, stamina)

pastrygeist

Preface: I'm new to modding and to Papyrus, but have a good amount of experience with programming in general.

So as a part of an eventually much larger mod, I would like to find a way to have separate "magicka bar"-like counters for about 10 different "fuels" (i.e. magicka is fuel for spells). I don't necessarily need to be able to see these constantly on the HUD, but that would be nice. These fuels are to be replenished by consuming custom potions only and will not regenerate.

That's the first, bigger problem to solve. The second is that some of the abilities that will be drawing on these custom fuels need to modify AVs like player jump height and movement speed. I would prefer that these abilities are toggle-able and drain "fuel" at a set rate.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get with either of these issues. I am also aware that I will probably need to use scripts for most of this.

For those wondering "Why on earth does this guy need 10 different magicka counters?", see Allomancy.

Frostfall does this, so it's probably a good place to start to figure this out. Warning: I think you will need to write Flash for the actual bars. Just the stats could be done well enough with a simple MCM interface or debug messages.

Your next issue is going to be drawing blue lines everywhere. All I know about modding is that I have no idea where to start with that. Custom visuals aside, maybe a cloak effect that checks for items with metal material keywords or... I don't know. A gruelingly defined list of world objects (which means mod items wouldn't be included) seems like it would work. Once again, I don't know enough to be of actual help.

I'd write gold last, if I were you...