Hair Not Showing Up In-Game

Fross101

I'm having trouble with the More Hairstyles mod, and Nero/Hero's Hair (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=700).

I can't get either to show up in the character generator. Downloaded, directly then installed with DA Modder, is there a step I'm missing?

Each of those mods Include a file called chargenmorph.xml wich contains the info on all the things that appear in the character generation menu, not just hair, but tints and tatoos and other stuff, perhaps they are present at the same time. you should search if you have more than one chargenmorph.xml in your override folder and merge them together, that is, by comparing and copying from one file to the other and leaving just one. it is the only way I know to fix that.... also, there was a topic about something similar The extra hair

I'm having trouble with the More Hairstyles mod, and Nero/Hero's Hair (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=700).

I can't get either to show up in the character generator. Downloaded, directly then installed with DA Modder, is there a step I'm missing?

Each of those mods Include a file called chargenmorph.xml wich contains the info on all the things that appear in the character generation menu, not just hair, but tints and tatoos and other stuff, perhaps they are present at the same time. you should search if you have more than one chargenmorph.xml in your override folder and merge them together, that is, by comparing and copying from one file to the other and leaving just one. it is the only way I know to fix that.... also, there was a topic about something similar The extra hair

Thanks, I got everything to show up!

• 11 years later...

I must have broke something because ONLY my hair mods stopped working. This was suddenly, too. They worked perfectly. I thought "this is great, i'll download more mods!" then i download more mods and those mods work, but the hair one, and ONLY the character creation ones do not work. When i load my created save from when the mod worked, the hairstyle is still on her, no issues.

Sorry for the coarse grammar, i have been trying to get these mods to work for 5 hours now and am in panic mode.

I must have broke something because ONLY my hair mods stopped working. This was suddenly, too. They worked perfectly. I thought "this is great, i'll download more mods!" then i download more mods and those mods work, but the hair one, and ONLY the character creation ones do not work. When i load my created save from when the mod worked, the hairstyle is still on her, no issues.

Sorry for the coarse grammar, i have been trying to get these mods to work for 5 hours now and am in panic mode.

When you added more character creation mods, did you also add them to (compile) a new chargenmorphcfg.xml file?

Cosmetic mods must be added to the chargenmorphcfg.xml file for the assets to appear in the in-game character creator.

Only one chargenmorphcfg.xml file can be in the override folder.

The chargenmorpgcfg.xml file is only used by the game during character creation, and does not affect either previosuly created player characters or NPCs. (NPC cosmetic assets are specified by their MOR files; player character cosmetic assets are 'baked into' the game's saves.)

Installing cosmetic mods for Dragon Age