Can't play Skyrim because of missing d3dx9_43.dll

TwilightDB

I just got my computer back from the computer shop after getting a new videocard installed. Spent like a few hours putting some of the mods back in last night and everything seems to be working. Then today, installed a few more mods and a ENB before trying to run the game.

Skyrim then said that the d3dx9_43.dll was missing, so okay, i look it up and downloaded the directx package from microsoft to use that file from it. It didn't work and then i tried reinstalling Skyrim from the disc and that didn't work. All i got is the loading screen for a few seconds and then CTD.

Funny thing is that i dont ever remember going through this much trouble to play Skyrim. I haven't looked into the SKSE file to see if it has that d3dx9_43.dll file.

I'm hoping someone here could help me so i can play Skyrim again :sad:

Allow steam to check your game files and reinstall the missing dll.

I've tried re-installing Skyrim again and i got this message "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired". Frustration at this point is setting in, since if I can't launch Skyrim, how will Steam know i'm missing the d3dx9_43.dll? :confused:

Go into the Steam client > Games Library > Skyrim properties > Local Files tab, and hit "Verify integrity of game cache...". Steam should then figure out which file is missing and redownload it.

I've tried it and i got the same message "1 file failed to validate and be reacquired" ; does that mean steam will eventually get to it or is there something i should be doing? I've also sent a message to their tech support just in case

AS "Novem99" pointed out this has nothing to do with Skyrim files OR Enb Files this is a DirectX problem.

i look it up and downloaded the directx package from microsoft to use that file from it.

You can not USE a file from the package, it must be installed using the DirectX installer. NOT the latest DirectX Skyrim Needs DirectX9.0c (or what ever its called now).

I remember having this issue AFTER I've installed SKSE. I've downloaded a DirectX 9.0 version not the newest one and then it worked. Did you try that?

Yes, I've downloaded the directx installer directly from Microsoft and installed it; which gave me two D3Dx9_43.dlls. One is located in the C:\Windows\sysWOW64 (1.90kb) and the other is located in C:\Windows\System32 (2.28 kb). I've tried both by copy and pasting them into my computer's D drive where my skyrim game folder is and still no change.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Just to rule something out, are you using a program like MSI Afterburner, Fraps, etc? Anything with an in-game overlay.

Just to rule something out, are you using a program like MSI Afterburner, Fraps, etc? Anything with an in-game overlay.

No, i'm not using anything like that i think, i just got my computer back from the computer shop and all i've been trying to do is installing all the mods for skyrim, let alone anything else.

Could it be that I need to play Skyrim before I install anything from the Nexus? The game is still failing to reacquire the 1 file from Steam no matter how much i try to get it. I've even uninstalled Skyrim and reinstalled it after installing the directx files.