Can't play Skyrim because of missing d3dx9_43.dll

TwilightDB

You should run Skyrim once before modding it, yes.

This is to let the game generate its INI files.

Okay, i'll go and uninstall NMM and other skyrim mod related items. This could be the problem, i don't know, right now, i'm willing to almost try anything.

[Editted: July 13, 2014]

Okay, Skyrim runs fine without any mods, I uninstalled NMM, all the mods, Boss, etc and tried out the base game. It still doesn't have the d3dx9_43.dll file; so i'm wondering if that file was installed through one of the mods off the nexus?

At this point, i guess i'll try installing one item at a time and playing to see what might have caused the CTD or other issues I've been having.

Edited by TwilightDB

I've uploaded the DirectX version that solved the problem for me. Maybe you wanna try it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0s5alyz1blr2bgv/dxwebsetup+-+directx.exe

Thank you Saeba-san; I appreciate the gesture, however with what's been going on on the Nexus about viruses. I'm going to try to play it safe and go through each of the mods I already have to see if one of them is a problem. I'm just still confused about everything at this point with my Skyrim game not working.

I guess at this point, it's going to be a slow process for me to find out if i can ever play it to the level of SKSE and ENBs that others have been, dispite the fact I went out and got a expensive videocard. :facepalm:

But to make it clear you did download the correct DirectX version and not only the newest? This is the DirectX version you need:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35 It's btw the same file I've uploaded in the previous post.

Finally take a look at the fix described in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9guKb9Z8nU

If that doesn't help I have to tell you I'm out but I hope you get it work.

Thank you all for helping encourage me with this problem! :D

It took awhile and a freshly reformatted computer helped a lot since it had nothing installed on it except Skyrim.

I went through every mod I had installed prior to taking it in to the computer shop for the new videocard . It was troublesome and sometimes I felt like giving up having to go through the description of every mod to install the mods that are no Dawnguard/Dragonborn first, then installing SKSE 1.7.0 with two mods at a time.

Everything seems to work fine without the d3dx9_43.dll which is weird why the game asked for it? It seems to work just fine without it; maybe that SKSE 1.7.1 needs it?

I'll be installing Project ENB soon, everything seems positive now and I just have to check after every save with BOSS and Savetool in case of load order, conflicts and orphaned scripts.

Again! Thank you all for your input and insight! :smile:

Please consider this topic closed now. :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...