How do I create .egm files for ears?

Ringwall

As the topic states, I need to know how to create .egm files for ears. I have made a mesh modification which greatly improves the appearance of the dunmer in TESIV, but unless I use an empty .egm file they will not load. Obviously, if I use this empty file they do not fit onto the head properly (unless there is no width deform on the head). So if someone can point me in the right direction to making an .egm file for this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Instead of just moving around vertices of the ear (like Bethesda did ~scoff scoff~), I have actually made some serious changes to the mesh, so it has a proper shape and looks very nice imho.

A preview of the ears I have created:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/Ringwall/dunmerears.png

How did you make the ears? ( what program? )

As the topic states, I need to know how to create .egm files for ears. I have made a mesh modification which greatly improves the appearance of the dunmer in TESIV, but unless I use an empty .egm file they will not load. Obviously, if I use this empty file they do not fit onto the head properly (unless there is no width deform on the head). So if someone can point me in the right direction to making an .egm file for this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Instead of just moving around vertices of the ear (like Bethesda did ~scoff scoff~), I have actually made some serious changes to the mesh, so it has a proper shape and looks very nice imho.

How did you make the ears? ( what program? )

I've made them in blender.

Edit: It says in the .nif importer you can import .egm files, but when I try to import the earsdarkelf.egm unpacked from the bsa, it says it's not a nif (and won't import it)! :sad:

Edit 2: I have managed to figure out how to write .egm files now. Thanks for commenting though.

Mmkay, so I'm having another problem. If I give the ears only one shape modifier for the .egm, they transform properly in blender (synchronously with head shape). However, in game the ears' seem to have more than the one shape modifier affecting them (vertices ripping out of place).

So... I only made one shape key for the head's width, but the ears are clearly affected by more than one shape key! :blink: I tried filling all the other shape keys with empty transformations, but initially the exporter said it was dividing by zero, and then when I got it to export the ears were still not transforming properly to the shape key (horribly distorted vertices). :mad: Oblivion either is really fussy at reading shape keys or I am doing something wrong.

Scanti made a good tool for that: The conformulator

it make .tri files too.

this tool is originaly to make hair, but work with ears, tongue, teeth and eyes.

but for ears, you need also an .egt file. i already asked for that in the forum, and Throttlekitty answered me: How to create a head mesh?