Need help with texture..

yuikris

So I finally succeeded in making sword object using Cinema 4D.

I've painted using MudBox 2011, using only 5 colors without any complex patterns anything. Just a simple texture.

As the tutorial I was following told me to export it to either PNG or PSD then save them as texture, texture_n and texture_m using photoshop, I've done it just right and set the texture path in NifSkope.

(Note that I followed proper procedure for texture_n and texture_m)

When I check the sword in Skyrim, the shape is all good and fine but the texture is gone crazy.

So it is supposed to look like the image link below..

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10384606_1445837745685531_6934686489427322016_n.jpg

But for some reason, it comes out like this...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10527274_1445837762352196_8293312660802685052_n.jpg

Is there a way to fix this?

And I've noticed my character holds the sword, not on the hilt but just after the hilt. (where the blade starts)

I know I have to adjust hilt position but I do not know where to begin.

Thank you in advance :)

As said above, you need to UVW it. Secondly, the textures must be .dds, not PSD or png

The character holds the sword at 0.0.0. You can move it around inside your 3d package, or inside of nifskope.

simply go under er NiTrishape and play with the "transition".

My quote button doesn't work properly so I'll just say @ user (This is just my new ID so yeah. I'm yuikris)

@ The SHOCKER

So.. I did something wrong when I was working with Cinema 4D then... I couldn't find the fix for it so I made another model and it worked. But next time, I'll keep in mind about the UV map. Thank you!

Edited by narshanine

I am experienced with making textures for Flight Simulator X aircraft so I know it has to be .dds (though FSX works with BMP and PNG).

Anyway the texture problem has been fixed (I just made a new model from scratch..) but thank you for the tip on the grip position! I was wondering at which point on 3D tools the character holds the sword..

Thank you for your answer!