Proof Alduin Saves you at Helgen

HazelPrincess

Okay, so first of all, the entire reason Alduin shows up at Helgen is two reasons. He is spawned close to the Helgen area from *Spoilers* and he camps out there for awhile. (Proof: Theres a burnt area close to Helgen showing a dragon was there) Now, the dragonborn hasn't asorbed their first soul yet so Alduin couldn't sense you, but he knew you was there. This is were there's two theories.

Theory 1: Alduin saves you from the chopping block because he doesn't want you dead so early, he kinda just picks you as the Dovahkinn and decides you aren't dying yet. (He knows the Prophecy) Alduin is arrogant, so he wants a worthy opponent. He even speaks to you eventually if you hang around. Now here's the proof he came to save you.

-The Chopping Block

-When you run up the stairs Alduin burst an opening for you to escape (If you get in the fire, it won't hurt you, meaning it wasn't meant for you)

-Alduin does not attack you at all if you don't piss him off

-Every spot you are, Alduin attacks anyone in your way

-He looks directly at you and speaks to you (Dragon Language)

-He would have killed you when you came out the cave

-At the stay close to the wall part - YOU ARE LITERALLY RIGHT UNDER HIM (My only thought was, he's like my older brother <3)

Now this goes to both Theories. If you hang around to long, Alduin will kill you as a, "f*** you then" Because you won't take his help.

Theory 2: Alduin senses the dragonborn but doesn't know which it is. So, he went crazy, killing everything. The reason he never attacks you is because he doesn't know if you the DB. Until after 80% of everyone is dead. He finally realises it's you, he'll swoop down say something to you, that has Hidden Subtitles and kill you. (He gave me a "Back up, *censored*" Look... and I ran to the Helgen double doors)

If you hang around after he does that, he'll block your path from the two guys you're suppose to choose over. I'm sure he'll kill you when you get close but I waited till he had a guy in his mouth, sprinted under his tail to the Imperial's door and Alduin actually Thu'umed my ass into the door and I went to the next scene. I'm sure Alduin was saying Join the Imperials.

Please comment and tell me what you think!

One thing I have noticed is that after Alduin initially lands on that first tower, he glances toward you before he Fus Ro Dah's the soldiers to death.

Alduin certianly saves a you, but whether it is intentional is unclear...

What we do know is that he HAS to defeat a Dragonborn to do his job. He exists as the End of Time, but for some reason in this version of Nirn, he can't eat the world until he defeats a Dragonborn. Since Dovah can sense each other, it's possible he went to Helgen sensing a Dragon, saw only people and realised his opportunity, so proceded to start torching everyone... That does not explain how he doesn't notice you when he flies over the cave, though... Unless Mirmulnir was close enough to throw off his senses.

All I know is that I get smacked by Alduin's unrelenting force in the burning shack after the stay close to the wall bit if that arse of a nord imperial has a De de de moment in a doorway. So in my eyes it's coincidental mayhem.

You're suppose to stay close to Alduin if you want to hear him talk to you. The subtitles aren't hidden, you just can't be a b&amp;@*&#036;. But be to close and he'll klll you in a second. Or give you a back up B****, look like he did me. *Shivers*

• 3 weeks later...

That's an excellent theory but I think Alduin mostly interrupted the execution so the war could go on and he could have more souls to nom on. The Thalmor dossier hints at this when it reads: over is behind the dragon attacks also want the war to continue. However your theories could equally be applied to this.

For every great evil born a great good emerges and vice verse, this is the balance created by the aedra and daedra. When Alduin reemerged to Skyrim from the time rift the gods, signaling the return of the dragons, the gods reawoke the dragonborn abilities in mankind. It is mere coincidence that you, the hero, were present at the death of the dragon at whiterun watchtower. There are probably dozens of dragonborns in Skyrim, however you were the first one to slay and absorb a dragons power. Therefor you received guidance in the way of the voice and were able to bring down Alduin.

• 2 years later...

For every great evil born a great good emerges and vice verse, this is the balance created by the aedra and daedra. When Alduin reemerged to Skyrim from the time rift the gods, signaling the return of the dragons, the gods reawoke the dragonborn abilities in mankind. It is mere coincidence that you, the hero, were present at the death of the dragon at whiterun watchtower. There are probably dozens of dragonborns in Skyrim, however you were the first one to slay and absorb a dragons power. Therefor you received guidance in the way of the voice and were able to bring down Alduin.