body replacers don't work! Gamecrash after starting a new game

Cernunnos66

Hi, (sry my english isn't very well)

I have a problem with my mods, especially Body replacing mods. I use "Roberts_Female_Body_v12_-_FIXED-28975" ; "EyeCandy Body - No OBMM" ; "HGEC_Body_v1dot21-15802"; I know for sure that i have installed the mods correctly! They worked as long as I was playing Oblivion without expansion Packs!

Now I have purchased The Game of the Year Deluxe Edition from Steam with the expansions Knights of Nine and Shrouded Isles. Every other Mod is working real fine like "Akatosh_Mount_By_Saiden_Storm_R19-10819"

When i load an existing savegame the game runs (but without replace mods). When i start a new game the game crashes after i accept my new character.

I install all my mods manual and I use Wrye Brash.

I have recognized that the textures and meshes will be awailable when i put on clothes for especially these mods. Could it be, that the load order for the mods is false? Because every body is shown with the standart oblivion meshes.

Deutsche Übersetzung:

Ich hab ein Problem mit meinen Body replacing mods. Ich benutze "Roberts_Female_Body_v12_-_FIXED-28975" ; "EyeCandy Body - No OBMM" ; "HGEC_Body_v1dot21-15802"; Ich weis zu 100% das ich sie richtig installiert habe! Als ich mit der normalen (deutschen Version) von Oblivion ohne den Erweiterungen gespielt habe, haben sie einwandfrei funktioniert! Jetz hab ich die englische Steam Game of the Year Edition mit beiden Erweiterungen. Jeder ander Mod läuft super wie z.B. "Akatosh_Mount_By_Saiden_Storm_R19-10819". Noch dazu kommt wenn ich ein existierendes Spiel lade läuft das spiel einwandfrei nur ohne die oben genannten Mods. Wenn ich ein neues Spiel starte und ich die Erstellung meines Charakters bestätige raucht das Spiel ab!

Thanks a lot for your answers and time!

Danke für eure Antworten und eure Zeit!

Try using just one body replacer at a time. The game will only recognize one male and one female body. You will have to go into the file structure and find all of the bodies you have already installed and remove them ALL first. then only load the one you are going to use.

To make it easier to change body replaces use OMODs to load and remove them.

I have already tried this out. I even installed the whole game new and added only HGEC Bodys, but it still not works. There is a BSA-File in my Data-Folder with the name Oblivion-meshes. Could it be that the standart meshes were load out there so that they overwrite the mods? I have tested the double melons mod and the clothes for this one. The interesting thing is when a character takes this clothes on without the DM-Mod the game crashes, but when i have installed the mod the clothes work and the body meshes fitting perfect to them.

The bsa files do have the vanilla meshes textures etc, They are not to be touched. Mods do not make any changes to the Oblivion bsa files. When a mod is installed, - every time the game starts, it loads the default bsa first. then if something in a mod changes, it overwrites then - without ever changing anything in the bsa. Body replaces usually are mesh/texture files only. They will be placed in the mesh & texture folders in the data folder. If you get a warning about overwriting, that is normal - always answer yes.

Most body replacers will not look much different from the default. Unless the player or NPC is undressed. Remember the pics you see in the download are usually enhanced in some way. Check the read me to see what else you need.

Did anybody suggest to use archive invalidation that comes with OBMM. I know some mods are not working like supposed without it. Get OBMM and intall it. Make sure the body replacers are installed properly and also make sure to get the OMOD versions like @bben46 recommendet. Then open OBMM and go to 'Utillities > Archive Invalidation'. At the window popup make sure to choose 'BSA redirection' and hit the 'Reset BSA timestamps'. Then hit 'update now' and confirm. Should be working then.

And concerning replacers...get HGEC and/or Exnem, their compatible. Get a skin replacer for HGEC, there are two really brilliant and maybe a shaking meshe replacer. For male bodys, get Roberts male version 5 and finally maybe get DMRA clothes, armor, robes and SI replacer if you can take the heat^^

Edit: And if this still doesn't work, egt Wrye Bash and install the 'ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa' that comes with it. This usually fixes anything texture related.