Skyrim:The Jagged Crown (Stormcloaks) does not start bug/glitch

Joedpa

I try to join the Stormcloaks, but when I finish saying the oath and Galmar gives me the armor, the dialogue gets stuck in the last line of the oath.

If I press Tab to get aout of it... that's it. The message "Started: The Jagged Crown" never shows up, and talking to Galmor only shows up two simple questions. Even with commands it does not start, or maybe I'm using them wrong.

What do I do now?

I meant, save file before you entered pallace, not autosave, if you made a save file manually in windhelm, or any other location, before you entered pallace.

Yes, I have one, I'll try it and tell you.

Oh, and I noticed that Ulfric Stormcloak was disabled and had to enable him trough console command. Why is that? Maybe is "Alternate Start Live Another Life"

EDIT: Nope, nothing. The dialogue is still stuck and the quest does not start.

Well, so...?

Edited by Joedpa

Oh, and I noticed that Ulfric Stormcloak was disabled and had to enable him trough console command. Why is that? Maybe is "Alternate Start Live Another Life"

I dont think so, that ''alternate start'' has anything with your problem, cant tell for sure, but I had same problem with Galmar, I just reloaded previous save and problem solved, and I did not had ''alternate start" , so I think maybe is other mod that causes problems.

Do you really think it's a mod problem?

Actually, searching for that, I found this:

General Tullius and Ulfric Stormcloak are missing. You broke my game!

I did no such thing. You need to kick off the main quest before they'll be available. Sorry, yes, this means no joining the civil war until then. Don't blame me. Bethesda tied everything too close together to unravel the mess without breaking a whole bunch of stuff.

If you're looking for a bit of amusement though, you can always use the console and player.moveto yourself to where they are. You should recognize it :P Don't do this if you're playing serious, it could actually break something.

It is indeed something with alternate start, maybe if I begin the main quests it will fix.

Edited by Joedpa

I sad I had problem with being stuck in dialogue with Galmar before, and quest did not started properly. But just found this, from alternate life "known issues" : When choosing one of the two civil war starts, you are strongly advised to let the Jagged Crown scene play out. If you don't, the quest may fail to start and the entire civil war quest line will get jammed. (written by author of the mod)

Which main quest you have active right now?

Edited by ForgottenB

Still none, just the Live Another Life quest, I'll now go to Helgen to complete "Unbound" and then unlock "After the Storm"

But still, I wanted my character to not be "Dragonborn" by not knowing about the Dragon Alduin at all...

(it's my 5th character anyways)

Edited by Joedpa