Lanterns on horse saddel? i would do it!

h4n4

So i just had that idea while riding around at night with a torch out...

Why cant i put a Lantern on my horse hanging from my saddel? It would nicely fit with the armors for horses given by convenient horses, you can "spot" your horse in the dark faster and you dont have to deal with a damn torch cliping all over the place.

I did a quick search and could not find such a mod for now.

If you guys dont know it ill start making it for my self. But i dont want to reinvent the wheel...

so what you guys think?

Ok i took a look into convenient horses and immersive NPCs in the Dark. It looks like something like the Lantern spell (permanent effect) could be added to a Horse (well i did this allready). For now the Mesh is off (Light is inside the Horse). immersive NPCs in the Dark uses the Mesh from Cheskos Wearable Lanterns.

I could just edit the mesh and give the player horse the Lantern Spell right?

Then ijust have to add the Lantern mesh and add conditions for darkness or Daytime so it is only on at night?

ofc this is all copyright stuff and so on

Would this the best way to do it or does anybody have a better idea?

btw i will call the mod "Realistic immersive Lanterns on horse saddels -Nightrider edition" ;)

Edited by h4n4

hm ok... i have a little problem here. How are Art Objects placed? (how do i move the visual effect of a spell up/down/what ever?)

Do i really have to edit the .nif file?

Edit: holy crap belnder is a piece of ... what a pain in the ass to instal and the usage is ... well cant even load all .nif just a few

Edited by h4n4

well this is harder the expected cause i cant figure out how to stick meshes to the bones of the horse. I can place them relativ to the horses position but when you move/turn your horse it will lean to the side but the mesh will stay relativ to the horses abselute position so it will not move with the saddel/horseback...

Can someone point me to a guide or something on this? I will try some other programs tomorrow (mainly fiddeled with nifSkope today) but i guess this will take some time to figure out :/

I still use the Lantern spell (permanent effect) but afaik horses get hit somewhere between their legs (like all actors i guess) by default and not on theyr spine grrr...

Ok so i got it. The problem was that cheskos Lantern spell was pointed at the NPC Pelvis (probably cause there are some problems with sneaking) and horses dont have a pelvises in skyrim. I pointed it back at the magicEffectsNode and is looks good for now (as long as my horse doesnt start to sneak :wink: - will se about that standing up thing it does when you call it with convenient horses)

Another Question: can i add the Lantern Mesh (actual lantern model) via a Spell (basicly as a spelleffect) or do i have to add it onto the saddel mesh of the horse (i suck at that i think, and you would need to mesh a lantern on every saddel you have with convenient horses and so on). Chesko added them as weapons onto the Character but horses cant equip weapons...

sugestions appreciated. :sad:

Edited by h4n4