Whenever I launch skyrim with SKSE through Mod Organizer it launches in a lower resolution than the native launcher.

jonblu10

When launching Skyrim through the native launcher it automatically sets my computer to "Ultra High" and at 1680x1050, how it's supposted to be. Whenever I launch it thorough Mod Organizer and SKSE it lowers the resolution to something else, making everything really blocky. Which is really annoying. I've already tried editing the resolution through the launcher and the .INI files in /mygames/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs. I've looked online, but I haven't found anything. How do I fix this?

Mod Organizer

Has its own Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini

They are stored in mod organizer folder somewhere

You can access it in mod organizer program or go directly to its containing folder to make changes.

I also had to figure that out recently was using Skyrim Configurator and the changes did not carry over well duh no matter how many times you change the ones over in the normal area it doesn't matter.

Its done this way because you might want different setups after all you get 2 profiles and the profiles can have different mod line ups.

Ok so SOLVED

• 4 months later...

Where did you find the files I can't find them.

There's two ways to do this that I know of.

1. In the Mod Organizer program, click on the puzzle pieces at the top of the page. Under SkyrimPrefs.ini go to [Display] and search for 'iSize H' and 'iSize W'. Those are the the height and width. respectively. Change them to what ever you need them to be.
  2. Go into where ever you have Mod Organizer installed and go to Mod Organizer>Profiles>(whatever your main profile is [Most likely default])>SkyrimPrefs.ini. Once in SkyrimPrefs.ini seach for iSize H and iSize W. Change them to your needed resolution.

• 3 months later...

1. In the Mod Organizer program, click on the puzzle pieces at the top of the page. Under SkyrimPrefs.ini go to [Display] and search for 'iSize H' and 'iSize W'. Those are the the height and width. respectively. Change them to what ever you need them to be.
  2. Go into where ever you have Mod Organizer installed and go to Mod Organizer>Profiles>(whatever your main profile is [Most likely default])>SkyrimPrefs.ini. Once in SkyrimPrefs.ini seach for iSize H and iSize W. Change them to your needed resolution.

Whenever I do that and try to launch SKSE through MO, it says " Failed to initialize renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution. Please set a different resolution in Skyrim's Launcher under 'Display Settings'." Sorry, Ik you posted that a long time ago.

Edit: I made a new profile, and it seemed to help with the resolution.

Edited by caliwinter

Whenever I do that and try to launch SKSE through MO, it says " Failed to initialize renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution. Please set a different resolution in Skyrim's Launcher under 'Display Settings'." Sorry, Ik you posted that a long time ago.

Edit: I made a new profile, and it seemed to help with the resolution.

So it's all fixed?

• 1 month later...

Mod Organizer

Has its own Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini

They are stored in mod organizer folder somewhere

You can access it in mod organizer program or go directly to its containing folder to make changes.

I also had to figure that out recently was using Skyrim Configurator and the changes did not carry over well duh no matter how many times you change the ones over in the normal area it doesn't matter.

Its done this way because you might want different setups after all you get 2 profiles and the profiles can have different mod line ups.

Ok so SOLVED

just had the same problem after pluging a new screen to my rog. Thanks for the topic and the help. problem solved!

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem. I set my resolution to 2560x1080(which is my monitor's native resolution), but part of my screen/menus are now off screen, so I can't see my full inventory or barter windows. I'm using SkyUI if that makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. I set my resolution to 2560x1080(which is my monitor's native resolution), but part of my screen/menus are now off screen, so I can't see my full inventory or barter windows. I'm using SkyUI if that makes a difference.

go to skyrimpref.ini from mo and under display there a full screen line set it to 1

Edited by scizla