Whenever I launch skyrim with SKSE through Mod Organizer it launches in a lower resolution than the native launcher.

jonblu10

First off, thanks for the info on MO using it's own ini, that explains a lot about earlier problems.

Second, I'd like to jump on the "I have a similar problem" bandwagon. I've recently uninstalled skyrim, wiped all the old info, and started again. The problem is when I start Skyrim via MO, a strange pale blue border is on every edge of the screen. Aside from distracting as heck, it also prevents me from using task manager to shut it down when it crashes, as it goes right back to the screen when I try. my .ini files are saying the same thing as the steam launcher (1360 x 760, full screen = 1), so I have no clue how to fix this.

• 11 months later...
So under you mod organizer file (wherever you have it saved), I found my Skyrimprefs under profiles > Default. It is at the bottom of the list for me. My graphics card is the Nvidia GeForce GT 730, which allows me to run at 1920 x 1080, 60hz with no problem. So how I fixed my screen resolution of the mod organizer is that I changed the values of iSize H= and iSize W= that are located right under bFull Screen=1(was already at value of 1, didn't change it before hand or after). My values are now iSize H=1080 and iSize W=1920. The H stands for highly and the W stands for width. I only changed those two values and nothing else, now my game runs in the proper resolution and am not going to delete mod organizer (this page was my last attempt to find a solution). Thank you Jonblu10 for the information.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Mod Organizer

Has its own Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini

They are stored in mod organizer folder somewhere

You can access it in mod organizer program or go directly to its containing folder to make changes.

I also had to figure that out recently was using Skyrim Configurator and the changes did not carry over well duh no matter how many times you change the ones over in the normal area it doesn't matter.

Its done this way because you might want different setups after all you get 2 profiles and the profiles can have different mod line ups.

Ok so SOLVED

Dude, thanks, I know it was 6 years ago the response, but still. Just got back to modding and Mod organizer was forcing 4k resolution, and it was tanking my fps, changed the SkyrimPrefs.ini in both Skyrim and Documents folder and didn't solved, now I saw your post and changed in Mod Organizer folder and it did change,

Edited by xXSkreamXx