Pulse Wave Blunderbuss [AKA: An energy shotgun that doesn't make me want to gag]

skystalker86

I've scoured the nexus looking for a decent energy-based scattergun and what I've found is extremely disappointing. The ones I've found on nexus are mostly OP laser/plasma/tesla guns that shoot 10 beams at long range and use a standard shotgun or EW rifle model.

What I'm proposing is a short range energy weapon (max range < 20 meters) that fires a pulse wave that would expand after being fired until it reaches max range and dissipates (Something akin to the pulse grenade effect). If possible, the dmg of the wave should decrease as it travels and expands. This IMO would accurately mimic the cone of a shotgun's pellet scatter (I.E. dealing high aoe dmg at melee to short range but becomes nearly useless at mid to long range) and still be realistic as an energy weapon. I was thinking the gun could use energy cells so it can be usable in early to mid-game but has a high ammo consumption and low mag size (4-5 cells per shot and 20 ammo cap) to keep it from being overused and set the skill lvl at 75 so its effectiveness shouldn't peak until later levels.

It would also be cool if the weapon used the shotgun perks "Shotgun Surgeon" and "And Stay Back" but I'm not going to get my hopes up on this one.

The gun could also have some mods that could prolong its effectiveness in later levels such as:

- a shotgun long-tube (+8-10 ammo cap or the equivalent of 2 extra shots)

- a pulse supercharger (+20% damage)

- High density EM sheilding (+50% durability)

I'm also hoping for a new model {something like Johns' gun from "Pitch Black" (pic below)} using either sawn-off, lever-action, or pump-action shotgun animations but using energy/MF cells like the holorifle, though I'd be fine with just a clone of the holorifle.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130305041435/riddick/images/9/9b/Johns-Pitch_Black.jpg

If you know of a mod out there that comes close to this, please let me know.

Otherwise I await the day an awesome modder sees this post and thinks "damn that would be really cool" and decides to make it.