Who Did You Kill To Get Into The Dark Brotherhood?

Stampede

You kill anyone, as long as their innocent (didn't attack you, can be evil, but just can't attack you first), then it says that the murder was seen by the Dark Brotherhood. Afterwards, sleep. Lucien Lachance will wake you up and tell you to kill an old fart, Rufio, at the inn of ill omen. It's funny to wake him up. What a deer! Kill him, and sleep at an inn or an owned house (Safe Locations). He'll wake you up again, and send you to the abandoned house in Cheydinhal, say Sanguine, my brother to the door, and talk to Ocheeva. You'll know what to do by now.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Erana makes an excellent choice if your char swings that way (DB);

Well, considering that this is the "Who'd You Kill to Get Into the DB?" thread...

if you go up to her apropos of nothing, before starting on any quests in the area, she tells you in no uncertain terms how useless you are. Oh, but later, if she learns that you're in a certain Guild, she sure changes her tune. All sickly sweet then, she is. Bleah, she deserves what she gets. ...

Mind you, I was inclined to waste Erana because my then-character had no investment in Destruction spells— she could give me nothing I really wanted. With other characters I've had that did use Destruction, the information gained would stay their hand from slaying her.

But no sensible excuse would spare Gogan and Maenlona, the couple in Anvil who send you on the Sirens quest, from my vengeance. Their explanation behind events makes no friggin' sense!

SPOILERS to "Siren's Deception"

Turns out that Gogan and Maenlona are undercover Anvil City Watch guards who were placed in town in the guise of a married couple in order to lure this very gang out and claim Gogan as a victim. This way, the City Watch would know who was in the gang and where they were based.

Well, behold! That's exactly what happens: Gogan gets snagged and robbed. Yeah for you, City Watch! You found out how the girls are doing it, and you know just where they're operating from! Time to arrest them, right?

WRONG! Let's forget about doing your job and wait around until some clueless traveler comes along, then deceive this innocent newcomer into becoming a victim themself. Then, our fearless City Watch will wait outside the farmhouse while our patsy risks his life and is forced to kill the gang in self-defense.

After which, once the hard part is already dealt with, then you step in and speak to the rattled traveler with that condescending, disaffected voice of yours... :dry:

SPOILERS END

By the by, I've found an nice little sniper's spot in Anvil that sights the seat Maenlona is apt to sit in during the day. The roof of the Abandoned House (where "The Stranger" lives). Gogan is a little harder to track in his movements. I'm simply going to try my Journeyman-level Frenzy spell (which I named "Sheogorath's Wackslap") on him and hope the Anvil City Guard takes him down most painfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - The female dog in red clothing in Gweden farm when I went to put an end of their schemes...she stood there as I slayed her friends and standed there afterwards, so I had to attack her to attack me, and it seemed to count as a murder...and that's how Chris got in.

Tori - No contest here, same thing with Gweden farm but when Lucien talked to me I gave subtle hints I was not interested and I attacked him before he went invisible, he was no match to Tori's ebony armor and glass shortsword...lol...later on after installing a mod to get into the DB sanctuary, I slaughtered everyone down there which I enjoyed..only the orc was the only reasonable challenge since everyone else had light armor or clothes on.

I killed that really annoying Argonian in the Market District. Gee-Wulm or something, he was bugging me so he got a dirt nap :D and everyone witneesed it so they all got dirt naps.

I killed that really annoying Argonian in the Market District. Gee-Wulm or something, he was bugging me so he got a dirt nap...

Pray to Akatosh that you don't have Armorer as one of your focused skills. You offed the Master trainer for that craft.

Archived