ENB binary files cause CTD

Dracaris8599

So I'm relatively new to modding and while I have a pretty good and mostly functional list of regular mods, I've consistently been having trouble installing ENBs.

I prefer using MO since it keeps the actual skyrim data intact for the most part, and the one ENB that seems most compatible with MO and most appealing (and also the least memory taxing) is RealVision by Skyrimtuner (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?)

The install of the ENB itself seems to be working fine from what I can tell, but the issue seems to come up when I try to install the wrapper-version binary files (d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe) directly to the steamapps\common\skyrim folder which always ends up in a CTD. I've also tried manually installing the ENB and changing the enblocal.ini to the right settings, but it still results in a CTD

Even without the ENB itself installed, I get a CTD when i start the game (both through MO/SKSE and the default steam launcher)

After setting up the graphics options I've tried editing the skyrimprefs.ini files to the specifications in the instructions on the ENB page, but this always results in a CTD. Also I've noticed that in order for the skyrimprefs.ini to take effect in MO in general, I have to manually copy it from documents\my games\skyrim to the individual profile folder in program files\mod organizer\profiles.

ENBs would definitely be a great lighting/color addition to my game so I'm hoping that someone can help me find a solution. I've also posted a screenshot of my steamapps\common\skyrim folder in case anything looks off.

you have not installed ENB.

You can not use MO to install ENB. you have to copy the files into the Skyrim folder. Mo can't do it for you. in that PIC you posted, you should see all the ENB files..d3d9.dll, enbhost, enblocal.ini ,enbseries.ini, ect ect.

Download ENB from the source>>enbdev.com << Extract it directly to your Skyrim folder.

Start turning things off that are running in the System Tray (things by the clock) one by one, many programs can interfere with ENB, game boosters, FPS monitors, GPU software. once you find the culprit you can search for any fixes to have both running.

you have not installed ENB.

You can not use MO to install ENB. you have to copy the files into the Skyrim folder. Mo can't do it for you. in that PIC you posted, you should see all the ENB files..d3d9.dll, enbhost, enblocal.ini ,enbseries.ini, ect ect.

Download ENB from the source>>enbdev.com << Extract it directly to your Skyrim folder.

Start turning things off that are running in the System Tray (things by the clock) one by one, many programs can interfere with ENB, game boosters, FPS monitors, GPU software. once you find the culprit you can search for any fixes to have both running.

The screenshot is pre-ENB install. I just wanted to make sure nothing else was interfering with the ENB binary files before I added them.