aydius22

Seeeeeing as the Moderators at Bethesda must be anal, I posted this same post in the Modding section and then the Creation Kit section. I guess that isn't allowed, so I got a thread locked... Petty, especially because I wasn't sure where I should put it in the first place and the more discussion on it is what I wanted lol. And on top of it they locked the one that was in the more active section! Bah! Internet Totalitarianism haha.

Anyyyyway.

I had been reading lots on the world size limit for the last year as I want to make an epic Mod and hopefully work with the people that made Frostfall, RND, Crafting Overhaul, Convenient Horses, Animations mods, Dynamic things. A bunch of good mods that would be great to throw together and use the Skyirm Engine to make a whole different game. Which I'm sure is allowed right? I've been using the Creation Kit since Morrowind.

Anyway. I see there is a major limit to making world spaces. I've read lots as I said before. I came across this thread that shows the problem clearly in some pictures I believe. And read all the posts there and on other threads that have to do with the same topic.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1352988-fixing-the-64x64-cell-havok-bug-for-when-you-just-want-a-bigger-world/

So from what I gather everything goes haywire beyond the 64th Cell East and 64th Cell West. So +64 and -64 from 0,0 on the X axis. Or perhaps it's +64 and -63 from 0,0 on the X axis. I believe they were saying that this does not apply to Y?

Anyway, if the problem is that the Player Character cannot go past the -64th and +64th cells from 0,0 cell on the X axis, (or even if it came to a limit on the Y axis) would it be possible to solve this by Either 1 of 2 things?

1. When the Player Character enters a 64th Cell in either direction (or 63rd depending on what the math actually is), that 64th/63rd Cell the Player Character enters becomes a new 0,0 coordinate on the map. All the Actors outside of the new 0,0 will cease to render but their tasks and what they would be doing if you were there are merely handled with data processing. This way the Player character can continue on the map from the new 0,0 coordinate that was once a 64th/63rd Cell without the problem of that Havok bug?

or

2. Find some way to make the 0,0 coordinate point to the Player Character as in the Player Character would always be point 0,0. And then what followed the first sentence in point Number 1 again applies to this option.

Could either of these solutions be possible?

I'd love to hear some feedback. This has been the sole reason I never started my mod. That and I wanted it to have a multiplayer possibility. But that's for another discussion.

• 1 year later...

[HAVOK]
bUseCharacterRB=0

Add the above bit to your Skyrim.ini file - It ought to 'fix' the bug. I'm yet to fully understand what the issue is, but I think it's related to Bethesda's implementation of rigid bodies for characters (bhkCharacterRigidBody). It appears that the landscape MOPP generation code doesn't correctly queue welding tasks for cells outside the -64/64 range, causing CRB entities to 'hop' about (due to collisions with the terrain mesh's triangles). The INI tweak causes the physics engine to fallback to the older (and less efficient) AABB-phantom (bhkCharacterProxy) character controller implementation.

I'll pass along my findings to the devs - If I'm right, it would be a relatively easy fix for them.

PS: There may be side effects to this workaround, so keep an eye out. from shadeMe

this isn't my findings.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1352988-fixing-the-64x64-cell-havok-bug-for-when-you-just-want-a-bigger-world/page-3 link