Blocky Shadows Issue with 5760 x 1080 Resolution

BigCores

I've been having this problem for a while now and can't seem to find a fix for it. When i run Skyrim at my resolution with 3 monitors (5760 x 1080 or 5970 x 1080 with bezel correction) i get horrible blocky shadows. When i run it with a single monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution, the blocky textures are greatly improved. I've seen alot of different tweaks around on forums but not of which work for my resolution. The game also would not let me take a screenshot at that resolution since it just crashes so apologies for no screenshot.

If anyone could help me out with this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Skyrim shadows are bad on a good day. From what I know the only fix that will work is to turn the shadows off completely.

I will be going back to 3 monitors as soon as i get a monitor stand as my current desk does not have room for 3 monitors.

Also be glad the shadows when spanned are not as bad as if you try to play in 3d.

There has to be some sort of fix for this problem when using 3 monitors. All other problems i've had when using 3 monitors with Skyrim i've managed to fix but this one is particularly annoying since it makes a lot or areas very ugly. I don't really want to have to turn off shadows completely if i don't have to.

I know how ugly shadows looks like in skyrim, since these fixes doesn't work for you, you can always increase iBlurDeferredShadowMask=10. My personal setting, it is not perfect but still way much better than before. ;)

I tend to avoid ini tweaks but there is also this.

I have no idea how this will affect performance.

in skyrimprefs.ini add or change the following

fShadowBiasScale=0.1500
fInteriorShadowDistance=2500.0000
fShadowDistance=2500.0000
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
removeitem=4096
iShadowFilter=4
fShadowLODStartFade=500.0000
iShadowMode=4
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bDrawShadows=1
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
removeitemSecondary=­4096
removeitemPrimary=4096
removeitem=4096

I know how ugly shadows looks like in skyrim, since these fixes doesn't work for you, you can always increase iBlurDeferredShadowMask=10. My personal setting, it is not perfect but still way much better than before. :wink:

I've tried a pretty much every ini tweak i've came across and none of the seem to work. Its something specifically to do with my resolution since when i go back to 1920 x 1080 the shadows are way better. As far as i am aware i think it has something to do with FOV when i use the resolution however i have no idea how to fix it.

I did not yet experimented with fov setting, so I'm not really sure how fov can affect shadows...
chevyowner posted pretty much nice setting, but even 1k, 2k, 4k, shadows look all the same, only what makes them smooth if you use high settings for iBlurDeferredShadowMask.
And one more thing, if you are using enb you can tweak shadows with some changes in enbseries.ini.