Windows Can't focus on Skyrim during loadings and increase their lenght

Draagproposal

Hello, there, I'm a desperate gamer, and nobody likes desperate gamers. :v

I updated My AMD video card for Skyrim, cool huh? Well, it was cool until I decided " Hey, I did that for Skyrim, Maybe I should Play it"

I launch skse. Everything's cool, something wierds about my taskbar still being heren and also my cursor, but hey, it disappeared when the main menu appeared, cool.

But, then I load my game, The Lynch style smoke set up for like 5 seconds, and freezes, I can't move loading screen, it just freezes, not like the "infinite loading glitch" no, I can then See my cursor using the loading state ( good old blue circle) and I have to wait, much longer that I used to ( like three times longer) before I can play the game.

This is really annoying, because I used to wait like 30 seconds to go on Whiterun, wich was for bearable, but to wait 1minute 30 seconds to go to dragonsreach, and then come back to whiterun, wich is 4 minutes of waiting, is UNBEARABLE.

I don't really need to Show my graphic card or anything, I guess it's just related to windows not focusing on Skyrim, Then , I don't know how to make it normal ( not freezing during loading will be my dream for now.)

Is there a posssibility that windows actually focus on Skyrim itsself as usual, and not having that kind of stuff : this is what I get :

http://uppix.com/f-skyrim_bug53cc033800170bd1.jpg

I'll be thanking you twice for this, I'll even applaud behind my computer!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me the problem was solved by reenabling VSync after trying a bunch of different things. I must have disabled VSync to bench mark the game's framerate.

Open skyrim.ini (in the C:\Users\(YourName)\Documents\My Games\Skyrim), go to the DISPLAY section, and change the value of iPresentInterval to 1.

I hope this works for you.