Dragon Age Origins Money bug ( minus ammount)

Yanush

Hi,

I recently use the runscript zz_money command to get some cash. Unfortunatelly i havent known the porper value which i should use and i put the ammount over the limit ( 999999 )

I havent known how big number i need to put to get 100 suwenirs and...i overdose :(

Now in my inventory it says i have - 50, and there is no way to fix it by command. It only change from -100 to -0 never go on "plus". I tried with this command adding money, removing money ( zz_money -X) nothing work. When i found money in game normally, it still doesnt work, because of this "minus" ammount.

I cant push some quest forward because they want money from me and i dont have it and i cant get it in any way.

Is there any way to fix it ??

Ps. Im in Awakening already, with patch 1.03

EDIT:

The bug can be fixed by this MOD: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=205

Install it, go to game, in talent screen enable the talent called "ON", than use the talent "ON" and you will see all new talents in your talent screen. Use talent "GOLD >" and you get rid of this bug :)

this is why you dont use console. this is also why you have savegameS instead of A savegame :wink:

You might try beguiler. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=205 which also has a method for add cash to your toon.

However, from the sounds of it, it sounds like you may have a gamebreaker bug, and may have to resort to using an older savegame from before you did the console command.

I've had this happen to me too - luckily it was right a the beginning of my game... Now - I didn't try beguiler, but I was never able to fix the bug.

That character was completely without money (in the neg) for the rest of the game (which was kinda fun at first, wearing only what I scavenged, but turned out to be annoying enough that I eventually restarted the game around the time I got to Orzamar and I realized I couldn't purchase gifts).

After that I tested it (I'm tech support & QA IRL - so I'm good at breaking things) and the exact amount you cannot go over is 100,000,000 (no commas obviously). If, after you've added that amount, you go sell something it will go over that amount just fine - you just don't seem to be able to cheat more than that amount...

Times bug tested: 7

Reproducible: 7

Times "fix" test: 5

Reproducible: 5

Solution: enter no more 100000000 PER GAME (should be enough to get by anyway - if not, what the heck are you buying?)

- ash

First of all - i have exactly 256 saves files, im a maniac of saving game at any point :) But i havent known this bug is so BIG and unfixable, so i played without money by some time, and i dont want to go back so far...

And bug appeared because i havent known that it adds the lowest currency - first i put 50 (and i thought that it will add 50 suwenirs, but it added si;ver i think) i get rage and put 999999 :)

And finally....

DarkeWolf - will you marry me? :) This mod fixed the problem!!!! Its because the mod have option to "set maximum money ammount", so when i choosed it, it didnt try to add money to my current ammount, it just overwrite the ammount by default ammount of maximum money you can get in game.

Once again - THANK YOU :)

hmmmmm very good info to have. 100k is the limit. Beyond that, it breaks. definitely good info to have.

That is a LOT of savegames. Is this with the 1.03 patch, or is that still 1.02? I've got about 153 saves on one of mine (I tend to "bookmark" key parts of the story, or bossfights, so that I can go back and replay them again.) Plus after a while the game starts crashing on me from the memory leak. But I've been curious as to what the max number of saves was restricted to.

I'm really glad that beguiler worked! As an ingame spendaholic, I can very much imagine how aggrivating a bug like that would be!

Beguiler has several options there for gold. Gold + Gold - And the Gold < >

the + /- will add/remove in I believe 10g increments. the < > are maximums, will add all, or remove all.

I am really glad to hear that it worked. Good news is always a good way to start out my day :biggrin:

• 12 years later...