The Competitions

Spudnik

just to let you know, the modding competitions are going to be entering a new phase soon.

in 3 or 4 weeks time (still undecided) a brand new kind of competitions will commence... and id like to let you know now instead of springing it on you too late.

LOK and i are planning a special series of challenges that will test every modding skill from modelling to scripting including dialogue. everything under the sun... well under the cpu...

i place this here for a reason, i formally request this new series become an integral part of mml, Dark0ne, ill pm you w/ many details as i and lok plan them...

just out of curiosity, there are certain rewards to be gotten from this new series... (maybe no cash transfers but...) LOK has made some very cool stuff...

and the rules will be strict.

this isnt a competition meant for HIGH UP L33T modders. its intended to be simple enough for all. but for it to come true, i need feedback about how difficult the current challenges are for the everyday modder...

feed me!

This sounds interesting :D Maybe I'll participate...though whenever I do a mod it always takes a helluva lot longer than I expected...hell I've never finished a mod yet (though to tell the truth I'm only working on one now, but it's way overdue when I thought I'd have finished it :D)

I'd love to 'contend', but my modding skills are not l33ty ... very very uncool actually. Plus, it is completely beyond me to do something without finishing it.

Yes, I can be very anal retentive, sometimes without realizing it.

I plan on doing the competitions in the future, but these past weeks were very stressful for me and I had no time, sorry....

Are you going to continue to do the competitions, Spudnik? You should. But maybe make them a bit more wide-ranged; instead of mostly modelling callenges (requiring that someone has a program like 3ds max), why not item creation, quest creation, dungeon creation, etc. as the challenges, so that anyone with Morrowind (which comes with the CS) can do it.

Don't get me wrong, I think the challenges are very original and require a good amount of skill, but I think by having certain prerequisites (3ds max, etc.)-- which most of us can't fulfill-- for the majority of the challenges may be the cause of the lack of participation.

Just a suggestion...

well recieved flyingfox. im trying to think up more of the cs challenges, thats why im takin a week off. i like judging new models, theyre easy to judge, but i think that with the stuff ive already recieved in the way of these new items, i think ill use them in a quest challenge / dungeon challenge.

ill pm you, i have an idea and a proposal...

well im ready to let u know what they are. though im not quite complete in the topics.

the MODLYMPICS.

modders who chose to participate will sign up. by catergory.

if u sign up for _______, be prepared to go ten rounds with tough competition.

i tell ya it will be superb watching each modder try and wiggle through what im gonna put up.

nah, jokes, it wont be hard. maybe in a couple months....

like i say., its still in the last stage of planning before i can get it public.

... what do you think of this?

i think a wheel of competitions that could give some people with skilz in one area to shine one week but sit out the next. one thing i'd like to see is a book competition for whoever can come up with the best book...or even scroll (letter). there are a lot of mods out there that are good but lack the detail that makes them truely memorable. maybe with these contests you could set the standard as to what kind of calibur work should be submitted to the modding community, especially quests and the like.

Archived