Awakening Toolset

someoneod

Is there any way to put awakening item models onto items in the toolset? I'm basically trying to get the blackblade set onto regular items, since the stats on it suck so much, and its the best looking rogue set as far as i know.

Open \Dragon Age\packages\core_ep1\data, open 2DA.erf, extract:

armor_light_variation_gxa.gda

boots_light_variation_gxa.gda

gloves_light_variation_gxa.gda

helm_light_variation_gxa.gda

Change variation number ( its 5 by default ) in those files and rename them. Open modelhierarchies.erf and modelmeshdata.erf and remove all other models but **_****_lgte_0¹.mmh / msh / phy files, save and rename files then place them in override folder along with materualrules.erf and ts_material_gxa.gda to get tier 8 / tier 9 as material for them.

¹:

** - prefix for race -> ef_ = elf , hf_ = human female etc

****- armor type -> _boo_= boots, _arm_ = armor etc.

• 11 months later...

Change variation number ( its 5 by default ) in those files and rename them. Open modelhierarchies.erf and modelmeshdata.erf and remove all other models but **_****_lgte_0¹.mmh / msh / phy files, save and rename files then place them in override folder along with materualrules.erf and ts_material_gxa.gda to get tier 8 / tier 9 as material for them.

¹:

Oh about this methods, btw is it legal? if it does then well , I must say

your methods seems a lot more easier then actual 5 hours retex in photoshop http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif .

And I would like to ask your opinion on this subject :

http://www.thenexusf...s-for-new-mods/

Edited by edriano

¹:

Oh about this methods, btw is it legal? if it does then well , I must say

your methods seems a lot more easier then actual 5 hours retex in photoshop http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif .

And I would like to ask your opinion on this subject :

http://www.thenexusf...s-for-new-mods/

Yup, its legal. And bioware doesnt mind. At least not for awakening. Tho the verdict is still out about how they feel about moving assets from DAO to DA2, or vice versa.

Edit- however, WE (the nexus) will not allow the content to be posted here, if it is originally from the DAA expansion for the DAO game. Or vice versa. It can be a mod that has the files necessary for it to work if the user ports the material over themselves, but not if the files are already ncluded with the mod.

Edited by DarkeWolf

• 2 years later...

@Kratistos93;

There's no real difference between modding DAA and DAO. So sure, one could do all the same things (new NPCs, new side quests, etc.) Guess there just isn't as much interest on the part of those with the necessary skills... :unsure: