Lydia Marriage Mod

AssAssin40k

Ever since I heard that Skyrim would have a marriage component to it, I have been looking forward to the day where a modders would make a companion or NPC that would have a meaningful line of quests that would eventually lead into marriage rather than the player just presenting them with an amulet and a suggestion.

It has been something like 3 years with three expansion packs and nothing like that has come to surface.

Therefore, I propose that someone make a mod taking everyones favorite Housekarl, Lydia, and revamps her with a new voice, new, more unique appearance, and a questline which could, if the player so chooses, lead to romance and marriage.

I believe Lydia is the best candidate for this treatment because I have always felt a special connection between her and my (admittedly rather vanilla) male Nord warrior who I always roll as my main save file. You meat her earlier on in the main quest, which means that progress in her modded questline could be tied to how far you progress against Alduin. Her combat skills are balanced, which means you can adapt her for a variety of rolls, even giving her some moderately powerful spells for healing or offense. Finally, her Nord heritage connects her to the setting of the game, which makes her a perfect "primary" choice for marriage in a game called Skyrim.

In Oblivion, I love the trashy romance plot with the Viconia De Vir companion. I still remember sitting at my computer, making my character wait day after day for two months to advance her plot so that I could lick the sweat off of her chest without being rebuffed (that was an actual option). I have yet to see a companion as engaging in Skyrim, despite its marriage and child mechanics and I feel that that is a waste that could be solved by this mod I am proposing.

Thank you for your consideration,

AssAssin40k

While I could never do this, I still think that she'd be deserving of such a quest line and such. She's a popular character after all~

You didn't read, did you ...

OP wants a Lydia overhaul that includes unique voice, possibly a new appearance, and a lore friendly quest line that has the option of romance + marriage in it.

I know about these mods, they aren't nearly interesting enough. All they do is make it so Lydia can be married and changes some minor things about her. I want a full on companion-quest mod starring her that culminates in marriage.

While I could never do this, I still think that she'd be deserving of such a quest line and such. She's a popular character after all~

You didn't read, did you ...

OP wants a Lydia overhaul that includes unique voice, possibly a new appearance, and a lore friendly quest line that has the option of romance + marriage in it.

^^^ This