Morrowind Overhaul

Wolfhound646

Take a look at this video.... [post=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdBcx93OQA]Morrowind Overhaul - Showcase Video[/post]

Apparently, nexus forums wants to be difficult and make the link not work :P

Here's the URL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdBcx93OQA

IMPORTANT: See post #4 for mod pack detials. See post #6 for the full, and correct installation instructions

What a wonderful world...

This mod pack is made by this awesome italian dude - KING_PIX

Its made up of three parts:

Morrowind Sounds and Graphics Overhaul (that's what the video is showing)

Morrowind Gameplay and Atmosphere Overhaul

Morrowind RPG Experience Overhaul (I do not really get the difference between the last two)

It's going to be awesome!!

All these are basicly a bunch of different mods by different authors combined to make the best experience possible.

Each part, although not completely done, is very close to being finished.

But wait it gets better - they will also be availible in english also with a simple installer package. What does that mean? No work for us. Allright!!

I don't know when he is going to be finished, but I think it's going to be soon.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What people have done with Morrowind never ceases to amaze me, looking forward to this.

For me, looking foward to it is a serious understatement.

I'm a lazy guy, i've always meant to play a modded morrowind, but whenever i'd start making lists of which mods i'd use, i would give up halfway through, and go play modern warfare. :thumbsup:

I put the Italian version of the mod thread through a translator and edited it a little. This is what I got. Things i did not get are in yellow, and my comments are in green.

The Mod

Morrowind Sounds & Graphics Overhaul (BETA) is finnally almost completely playable and useable, it does'nt have any bugs or crashes as far as I know, and improves the original morrowind experience enormously. As you know, the Morrowind Sounds & Graphics Overhaul improves the general visual world of Morrowind, keeping it as close to the original at all times, and with a simple installer guide. All I've done is put together the pack and edit a couple of shaders/textures, all the rest of the work was done by our wonderfull morrowind modding community.

Features:

* Highly detailed textures

* Improved models (Not all)

* Many shaders, like SSAO, Depth Of Field and HDR and Godrays <--- if you dont know what these are, think Crysis

* High quality water, with ripples, reflection, all that fun stuff

* Infinite view distance

* Improved lighting system

* Improved fauna and flora

* Addition the additional sonorous column (cured from Directx10, member of Gamesvillage) I think this has something to do with sound???

* New Animations

* New resolutions and antialiasing

… And more!

What is the Mod?

Lets take a look (It's really long)

10/39 Updated Description's complete

* Aeven's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=327560

- Blessed be the Saints: A higher resolution on all of the saint depictions found on Temple shrines.

- Dwemeri Dominion: This alters the Dwemer meshes introduced by the Tribunal expansion pack to use the same textures as Morrowind base game. This is recommended if you use a texture replacer, and dislike the inconsistent visuals you receive as a result.

- You Got Frescoed!: This replaces the two frescoes used in Velothi (Vivec, temples, Vos etc.) to higher resolution ones.

- The Clockwork City: This is a high resolution texture replacer for Sotha Sil's Clockwork City.

* Aisis' Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=64050

- Better Books Menu: Replaces book and scroll menu's with high resoloution oblivion like textures.

* Akavir's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=201336

- Unique Shadow: This mod for Morrowind enables the humanoid races to have unique shadows. Male and female PC now have different shadows as well.

* Alaisiagae's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=254548

- Bloodmoon Pelts Replacer BPR: Replaces the three decorative pelts found in the Bloodmoon expansion with realistic, higher resolution fur textures.

- Soulgem Ingredient Retexture SIR: Replaces various mostly non-flora ingredients and all five soulgems with higher resolution textures that maintain the look and feel of the original textures.

- Cart Cloth Retexture CCR: Replaces the cart cloth found in Tribunal with a higher resolution texture that maintains the look and feel of the original.

- Ore Rock Retexture ORR - New Glass: Replaces the three ore veins and the raw ingredients (which protrude from the veins) with high resolution textures.

- Propylon Pillar Retexture - Glowmapped!: Replaces Propylon Pillars textures with crisp, hi-res textures, and glowmaps.

- Sail Cloth Retexture SCR - Normal: Replaces the four sail cloth textures with higher resolution textures that maintain the look and feel of the originals.

- Unique Finery Replacer UFR: Gives most special and unique belts, rings, and amulets new, unique meshes. Also, some unique robes, gloves, and shoes have new textures, too.

* Almisivi's Mods

- Better Textures For Robes

- Better Clothes Patch

* Arcimaestro Antares' Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=136072

- Golden Gold & Shiny Gold: Changes the original golden coins to be shiny an have a more golden colour.

- Animated Morrowind: Adds some new animated Npcs to the world, and gives animations to some Npcs of the original game.

* Astion's Mods

- Statues Replacer Pack (Deadric Statues Replacer Pack?)

* Bart Notelaers' Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=1947

- Unique Banners And Signs: This replaces the banners and signs of 21 establishments across Vvardenfell with unique, appropriate designs

* Bob's Mods

- Leaf Textures For Vality's Ascadian Isles Mod (PES Claims that it is no longer availible)

* Byblos's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=27592

- Lights 300 w/Icons: This reworks all lights in the game to be more, colorful, dynamic, magical and realistic.

* Daduke's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=145569

- Key Replacer: Replaces the generic looking keys with 50 newly designed key textures.

* Daleth's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=22915

- Book Jackets - Morrowind: A set of unique covers for all 300 books in Morrowind.

- Book Jackets - Tribunal: A set of unique covers for the 9 books added in Tribunal.

- Book Jackets - Bloodmoon: A set of unique cover for the 9 books added in Bloodmoon.

* Dark Angel's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=1131

- Illuminated Windows: Illuminates window's and certian doors during the night.

* Darknut's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=119915

- Darknut's MW Armor Textures (1024?): This replaces all the default armor textures in Morrowind, Tribunal & Bloodmoon.

- Daedric Weapons Glow: Does not exist? Possibly Ghostnull's Glowind Daedric Weapons. Go down three to see.

- Weapons Retexture:

- Morrowind Creatures:

- Bloodmoon Creatures:

- Tribunal Creatures:

- Ash Vampires:

- Creatures Addendum:

- Better Clothes Textures:

- Creatures 9:

* Earth Wyrm's Mods

- Signy Signposts: Vvardenfell

* Ghostwheel's Mods

- TESTool

* Ghostnull's Mods - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=122071

- Glowing Daedric Weapons: Originally placed on the Darknut list, I believe he meant Ghostnull's mod instead. Adds glowing Daedric weapons to the game.

* GrVulture's Mods

- Real Stars

* Hrnchamd's Mods

- Morrowind Patch Tails

* Illiotibial's Mods

- Smoother Potions

* John Moonsugar's Mods

- Mlox

* Keazen's Mods

- Better Clothes Patch

- Better Clothes - Tribunal

* Lazy Ghost's Mods

- Grand Bloodmoon

* Linora's Mods

- Refined Banners

- Thatch Roof

* LizTail's Mods

- Unique Shado

* Lucien Fairfax's Mods

- Native Birthsigns

* ManaUser's Mods

- Graphic Erbalism

* Mouse's Mods

- Balmora Un-Mod

* NelothsMouth & Rhymer's Mods

- Animated Soulgems

* Nich & CJW-Craigor's Mods

- Correct Hours Venis

- Correct UV Rocks

- Correct UV Trees

* PeterNL's Mods

- Weapon Sheats Ultimate

* Phal's Mods

- Improved Water Shader

- Sunshaft Rays

- Improved MGE DLL

* Piratelord's Mods

- Expanded Sounds

- Expanded Sounds + Herbalism For Purists Patch

* Plangkye's Mods

- Telvanni Meshes

- Better Amalexia

* Psychodog Studios' Mods

- Better Bodies

- Better Clothes

* Random_Name's Mods

- Ring Texture Fix

* Sensei's Mods

- The Lighting Mod - To modulate

* Slartibartfast's Mods

- Morrowind - Texture Fix

- Bloodmoon - Texture Fix

* Slof's Mods

- Better Beasts

- Better Beasts Arm Fix

* Starwarsguy's Mods

- Grazelands Trees

- Skies

* Tapani_Doe's Mods

- Better Glow

* Thelesphoros' Mods

- Vvardenfell Visages

* Tronvillain & nONatee's Mods

- Better Skulls

* Unofficial Morrowind Patch Team's Mods

- Unofficial Morrowind Patch 1.6.5

* Valtiy's Mods

- Ice Caverns Enhanced

- Bitter Coast Mod

- Ascadian Isles Mod

- Morrowind Grass Mod (Complete)

* Vurt's Mods

- And Smoke Washes

- Tribunal Trees

* Walther's Mods

- Blood Sprite

* Westly's Mods

- Fit Body Better Bodies Textures

- Master Headpack

* X-Calibar's Mods

- RAMW - Imperial Textures

* Xiran's Mods

- Better Music System

* Yacoby's Mods

- 3rd Person Pluginless Better Bodies

Stuff to Do:

Composition: 95% (Make the Installer)

Test: 100%

Upload: 0%

Special Thanks

All the Morrowind modding community that is still alive and well

Me, for the package

BTS, for helping me with the website

Directx10, in order to have cured the enclosed sonorous column in the package

julianross84 for his Morrowind Mod threads

Yoae for moral and technical support

All the betatesters

Ysmail and no1, for the aid with the forum

Rvb3n for his work on the same type of project

All You, for the interest, the unloading and all the rest

Thanks Everyone.

Whew. That took a long time. Download link for BETA and installation link coming soon.

What people have done with Morrowind never ceases to amaze me, looking forward to this.

If you think this is good, check out this.

Please remember that many of the books, and other stuff like that is probably going to be in Italian. Oh, and there will be an English version of this mod eventually.

Hey everybody, the beta is releaseble.

Remember, this is not the final version, and there is no installer.

Installation Instructions:

- Back-up all of your Morrowind Files

- Download the files: *snip* sorry for long link

- Unpack all in everything to the folder - Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind.

- Download the new shaders *snip*

- Extract the files to the morrowind folder: Morrowind folder/Given Files/Shaders/default.

- Open the Morrowind Patch Tails and select the fix you want (I reccomend everything but “Over The Shoulder Third Person”)

- In the Given folder Files open Mini.exe and click on the sheet and the pencil (literaly).

- Open Data Files, click on BSAReg.exe, and click on update.

- Open the Morrowind Launcher, tick all the plug-ins and click OK.

- Open TesTool (Wyre Mash is better, but this is faster and for the graphics packet goes more than well) and make/do a Just Fix It (literaly)

- Open Mlox in the Mlox folder and make a load order update.

- Open MGE and give the appropriate settings. Read a short guide on MGE (or something to that effect). Btw, MGE 3.8 is out *squee* :D

Thank you Sphynxette for helping me finish the translation. This should work (it make sense atleast), but once again, I am not responsible for any problems this might cause.

links removed and thread closed due to releasing content which has not been allowed by the original authors.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1086815-italian-mod-compilation/

This issue is being looked into, but continued attempts to release this content will be met with a ban from this site until the issue is resolved.

Edited by Vagrant0

If you think this is good, check out this.

Your right. That is very impressive, and it is a lot of work, and it is going to be awesome when it's done too. But that doesn't mean this won't be awesome too when it comes out completely.

That's all the work I'm doing for now folks, I am really lazy. Since I very often tend to go "MIA" by playing other games, this is the mod site - morrowindoverhaul.net.

Feel free to check for updates as much as you want, just dont yell at me when the site pops up and you realise that its not in english. :rolleyes:

Forgot to say, I'm not doing the other two parts because there is no beta version for them yet.

Just rest assured that the are going to be as complete and "beautiful" for each of there respective aspects.

Please remember that many of the books, and other stuff like that is probably going to be in Italian. Oh, and there will be an English version of this mod eventually.

Hey everybody, the beta is releaseble.

Remember, this is not the final version, and there is no installer.

Installation Instructions:

- Download the rows *snip* sorry for long link

- Scompattare (Extract? Copy?) all in the folder Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind.

- Download the new shaders *snip*

- Extract the rows to the morrowind folder: Morrowind folder/Given Files/Shaders/default.

- Open the Morrowind Patch Tails and select the fix you want (council all except “Over The Shoulder Third Person”)

- In the Given folder Files open Mini.exe and cliccare on the sheet and the matita one.

- Always in Files Date to open BSAreg.exe, to cliccare on Update.

- To open the Morrowind Launcher, to dull all the plugin and to cliccare on ok.

- To open the TesTool (wyre Mash Better, but this is faster and for the graphical package it goes more than well) and to make a Just Fix It

- To open Mlox in the folder mlox and to make dawn load order.

- To open MGE and they are given to the formulations of the case. (To short the light guide to MGE)

Umm.. Help? To much italian technical terms - and I don't even now what some of them mean in english!!! The download link is right though, so you can give it a try if you want - just remember to back up your morrowind files.

I KNEW studying Italian would pay off one day :D

From your earlier post, I have no idea what a sonourous column is but the part about resolution and anti-aliasing I assume just means there's a good chance that they will be addressed in the mod.

I'll try and get the yellow bits for you:

rows = files

scompattare = unpack

consiglio = I reccommend

In the given folder files open Mini.exe and click on the sheet and the pencil. (I couldn't find anything else 'sheet and pencil' could translate to)

In Data Files click on BSAReg.exe and click on Update.

Open the Morrowind Launcher, tick all the plug-ins and click OK.

Open TesTool (Wyre Mash is better, but this is faster and for the graphics packet goes more than well) and make/do a Just Fix It (This word has a lot of translations so I assume it just means use 'Just Fix It' whatever that is. TesTool is no longer updated but you can download Wrye Mash here: http://wryemusings.com/index.html#NotesandUtils)

Open Mlox in the Mlox folder and make a load order update. (Mlox is another handy mod program and can be downloaded from here: http://code.google.com/p/mlox/wiki/Mlox#Download_mlox)

Open MGE and give the appropriate settings (Read a short guide on MGE (or something to that effect)) (Btw, MGE 3.8 is out *squee* :D)

Anyway, this doesn't matter so much yet because I read through the rest of the forum and we don't actually have - and know what to do with - the MGE shader settings yet. (And MGE guides are anything but short :|)

If you use it without the shader settings though it will still look awesome and 'should' work (but don't quote me) but it'll look much better with them ;)

Give me a nudge every now and then and I'll check the forum to see what's going on :D

Edited by Guest