Party Size Mod?

Vexikuri

Greetings.

I could have sworn I saw a mod that allows you to have a party over the normal 4, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I've searched for party size, unlimited, group size, group, more than etc

Thanks

there is only one mod that I know of that allows anything like this. Which is extra dog slot. And only works on dog.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=664

Honestly and bluntly.... a mod like this gets requested at least once every other week. (No offense intended). As far as I know (and I check for new mods daily) nobody has figured out how to crack the way the party works to fully expand it yet.

The closest thing I can think of is manually adding party members to your active party via console, with the caveat that you cannot manually use their abilities or have them use items, and that can only be done via tactics. Also, their portrait will not show up on the side. But you do have an additional member. I usually do that at times when I have to take a certain party member that I don't use with me (Oghren comes to mind).

Yeah, wish we had better news for you on that one. But like I said, as often as this gets requested, if we could... it would have already. Nobody's figured it out yet. Sorry about that.

Oh, also if you are wanting more party members, because of some of the class restrictions. like needing to be able to unlock chests and whatnot....

check out dragonage mutator- http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=166

its got several mods all loaded into one program. you just install the program, then go thru the checklist for which mods you want it to run. some very nice stuff in there!

I've heard that if you do it by that method that they also dont gain experience. Can you shed any light on that, Sarx?

Really? When I was running through the Deep Roads with Oghren tagging along, it seemed he was gaining experience. I'm pretty sure he leveled up on his own at one point (I think it was at the Deep Trenches, somewhere). But I could be mistaken, since it was a while ago. I'll test it out soon, probably this weekend when I have some free time.

I just remembered to report the strangest glitch I had while doing this...after finishing A Paragon of Her Kind, when I returned to camp, there were two Oghrens, one with the Legion of the Dead armor I gave him, and the other with his default gear. It took a lot of manipulation and save reloading to finally fix it. Not sure if that's always caused by the addpartymember console command, but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case.

Hrm. Well, its definitely possible that I heard incorrectly. If they worked correctly for you, then perhaps is just one of those "maybe" bugs. LOL when the console is involved, who knows!? Hahaha.

Two of them. wow, thats a bug I hadn't heard about, before. I do know that if you use the console command to add a member of the party that you havent recruited yet, it can block you from being able to recruit them later. Hunh! Did they show up twice in the character selection screen? That would actually be kinda funny... running around with an army of drunken belching Oghren.

Hrm. Well, its definitely possible that I heard incorrectly. If they worked correctly for you, then perhaps is just one of those "maybe" bugs. LOL when the console is involved, who knows!? Hahaha.

Two of them. wow, thats a bug I hadn't heard about, before. I do know that if you use the console command to add a member of the party that you havent recruited yet, it can block you from being able to recruit them later. Hunh! Did they show up twice in the character selection screen? That would actually be kinda funny... running around with an army of drunken belching Oghren.

Thing is, I used the console to add him right after he confronts you prior to entering the Deep Roads. And yes, there was two of him in the party selection screen, so I potentially could have had two Oghrens following me around. It was annoying though, since in the party selection they were in the EXACT same spot, so it was hard to click one or the other (or both). It's a pretty weird bug, but definitely not a game-breaking one, I was more amused than annoyed, really.

The only bugs I noticed using the console

- If any conversation flags trigger for anyone but dog who has been added it will cut to a blank/clipping screen and say nothing. Usually it's Morrigan of Shale. This is the only one that REALLY annoys me.

- Since 1.03 you can't add Wynee to the extra characters she will force herself into the one of the 4 active characters.

- I've had the Ogren bug happen. I noticed that one was the one who hung around camp the other just hung out in the character select screen. So I just asked the one in the camp to leave they both disappeared and I re-added him with the console.

- Any event that makes you go solo. Like the tower Fade, the Conner fade the arena event in Orzimmar, the duel with Loghain you'll have the extra characters with you when the event ends they'll all disappear from the character select screen and camp : /. The Extra Dog slot mod doesn't do that though. Sometimes they don't disappear though.

- Any encounter that starts off with your active characters in a mini cinematic of them walking up to the encounter, like the brood mother or Zevran the extra characters will be stuck behind a barrier. They can still draw aggro but will just run left to right trying to find a path to you.

- One bug that was really weird but only popped up once in the same game double Oghren's happened. I defiled the ashes killed Leliana :( and Wynne. The part where you get motivational mini speeches in denirum before you go after the archdemon, I got Lelanna's and Wynne's speech but didn't see them just heard them. In the ending they were there alive and well also the epilogue was that of the ashes not being defiled.

Not sure if the last one is related to the extra characters I seem to find a new bug everytime I beat the game like:

Alistair and my male warden talking about how it's over between us cause I can't have his child. Being in a relationship with Morrigan and having Lelianan refer to me as "my love" as well as getting party banter with Alistair and Lelianna about our relationship then same thing same play through with/about Morrigan. Or having Alistair sleep with morrigan and I kill the archdemon and live, that maybe a plot hole and not a bug.

Oh and the extra members do gain xp and level up.

I was wondering is it possible to make the extra dog slot work with other characters? I doubt it but just wondering.