Hear me out, I've brainstormed this for a while, and I've wanted to make something very similar to Dark Souls's PvP system.
But where do I even start?
Here's what I have for ideas so far:
- I'll certainly have to use blender A LOT more, to model anything that's needed. What other programs do I need to learn? How many are free?
- I'm not sure what I have to learn in order to create a server (?) for players to connect to?
- Applying blue, red, and white, perhaps golden auras to players (depending on their status)
There'd have to be areas where players cannot be invaded, and if they are being invaded, they wouldn't be able to leave.
I'm planning on making Area Bosses to certain places, but only for vanilla areas.
I'd have to heavily consider integration of existing mods.
- How can I get everyone to see each other's separate armor mods on their own characters? (i.e. Forbidden armor on the host, Iron Maiden on the Invader) What about different body types?
- I think I'm going to make Deadly Reflexes v5 a requirement (NOT V6)
- How will I make Gestures (pose animation mod basically)?
- Make a backstabbing system?
Does anyone know where I can start? I know it's a HUGE up taking, but I want to make this so badly.
Thanks for your time.
P.S. How can I work on Deadly Reflexes V5 in order to improve it myself?