Heavy Traffic ×

[LE] Dawnguard not loading in the creation kit.

I couldn't find a thread on here with an answer to my problem so here I am. When ever I try to load Dawnguard in the creation kit it always crashes no matter what. I've already did the thingy-Mcbob where you go into the editor and make changes to allow multiple master files. I'm able to load multiple master files such as Skyrim, the update, and Apachii skyhair just fine but as soon as I try loading Dawnguard the creation kit melts. Any suggested solutions to this problem.

Open SkyrimEditor.ini, the ini file that you modified for allowing multiple masters, search for "SResourceArchiveList2", add bsa file to the list, you may also wnat to add Hearthfire and Dragonborn bsa if you have them, here want it looks like in my file:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

• 6 years later...

Go to SkyrimEditor.ini and insert this line:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

under [General]. If the line exists it will likely say =0 in which case you can just change it to 1.

I'd have to double check but I believe you can also do this through the use of Bethini which is a generally handy tool for messing with ini files. If you do not make this change you will only be allowed to load one esm at a time (thus precluding loading Skyrim and a DLC or many other excellent mods in the CK at the same time).

I downloaded me now the Skyrim Special Edition, it also has Dawnguard, with the CK from Beth. maybe it works now

Thx

Edit:

My Solution was, downloading Skyrim Special Edition, without type in any Lines in any INI, Dawnguard worked like a Torpedo perfect.

Tysm

Edited by RetroBabe