Hi, I recently discovered a mechanic that is featured in several games, including Mortal Kombat and Sniper Elite 3. This mechanic is known as x-ray moves, or x-ray shots, and it shows an x-ray view of a person's body as they are being hit, stabbed, shot, etc, all while in slow motion. It looks very satisfying, and is realistically brutal. In these games, you can see bones, ligaments, and organs being destroyed as they are hit or pierced. I hoped immediately that there was a Skyrim mod that added this feature into the game, but soon came to realize that there is apparently no such mod. I have no modding experience myself, but I think it would be great if someone could create this, and below, I will share my thoughts on how I think it should be fleshed out.

-It would be great, if possible, to have a mod menu for it, to have various options.

-I think it would be really cool as an optional kill cam, and work with existing kill moves. In the past I've wanted kill cams for archery and magic to be more interesting, and I think this would be a great method for that. I also think that it should optionally do it with other hits, maybe with a custom percentage chance of it occurring

-It should show each move in slow motion, as the cams do in the other games, which creates a detailed and satisfying effect.

-Finally, I think it would be great if it would work with a mod such as 'Locational damage' by Kahmul, and maybe even 'Deadly mutilation' by Lamer1000.

I appreciate any input that you guys might have, and any attempts of actually creating a mod like this. I will provide links to videos demonstrating the mechanic in the aforementioned games below.

Sniper Elite 3 - Anatomy of the X-Ray Killcam [HD]

Sniper Elite 3 X-Ray BulletCam Slow Motion Montage

Mortal Kombat 2011 - All Characters' X-Ray Moves!

Edited by alex13vagabond