Helmets during cutscenes

GottvonHoff

Has anyone made a mod or fix that will notunequip your characters' helmets during a cutscene? I find it ridiculous to see your character without a helmet once a conversation has started and then it is suddenly equipped once the conversation is over. I hope you know what I mean. :happy:

And how come only templar NPCs and other select NPCs get to keep their helmets during a cutscene?

i was thinking the Exact same thing a few days ago! certain scenes such as battle at redcliff, denerim or wahtever its called, the black stone deserters..etc...i find myself wishing my helmet was on, im not taking my helmet off for Anyone who is at risk of getting chopped up u know?

can only hope someone will do this for us, after opening the editor today...ill admit it was pretty intimidating compared to other sdks

mighty gaming gods...bless us with a champion that will provide this request :]

I'm pretty sure it would take going through every stage and cutscene involving the player and choose "helmet on." Not easy at all.

Then again I could be wrong, but I doubt I am. If it was easy I'm sure someone would have done this months ago.

hi sferzar, im poking around the editor and was curious if you happened to know of a particular scene that keeps the player/party helmet on that perhaps could be used as a template to test on other scenes, i cant seem to remember any that actually do

just thought it might save a bit of time to see if anything can get started this weekend, regardless ill keep messing around, its easy to get side tracked with so much to learn though, a single successful scene with helmet enabled would most likely be reward enough to further go in depth with this sandbox

I don't think that the developers of the game made it so complicated. When you enter a conversation a script will be run that hides your helmet and does other things like setting music etc. Or am I wrong? I found for instance the script gen00cs_cutscene_end which is run by many cutscenes at the ending.

Has anyone tried overriding maybe the EVENT_TYPE_ENTER/EVENT_TYPE_EXIT? Simply let the cutscene start as usual and then at the beginning/ending use the EquipItem/UnEquipItem command so that the helmets are hidden/shown again.

I tried something but it isn't working. Maybe is more complicated than I thought. Here is what I tried:

//all credits to the mod Dialog Effects Remover, just changed the remove effects part to unequip item
#include "utility_h"
#include "events_h"

void main()
{
   event ev = GetCurrentEvent();
   int nEvent =GetEventType(ev);
   switch (nEvent)
   {
       case EVENT_TYPE_GAMEMODE_CHANGE:
       {
           int nGameMode = GetGameMode();
           switch (nGameMode)
           {
               case GM_DIALOG:
               {
                   object oPC = GetMainControlled();
                   object[] oPartyList = GetPartyList(oPC);
                   int nSize = GetArraySize(oPartyList);
                   int i;
                   for (i = 0; i <= nSize; i++)
                   {
                       EquipItem(oPartyList[i], GetItemInEquipSlot(5, oPartyList[i]));
                   }
                   break;
               }
           }
       }
   }
}

So... does that mean that any mod for this would not only take a lot of time to make, but also it would be like 500Mb ++ when it's done ?

Is a mod/fix even possible at all? If you say that this is because of how all the cutscenes of the game are made, then that must mean they are hard-coded.

Then again, maybe I'm assuming some things wrong. :confused: