A Proposition to the Modding Community

SasquatchT

Hello all in the Nexus, I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile and after the 5 or 6 playthroughs of Skyrim, it's really started to bug me. Why, after defeating Alduin, was there no real blowback? Did he have no sort of following besides the dragons he enslaved with his voice? Pretty much all of the Aedra and Daedra have leagues of men, mer, etc. enforcing their will, making sacrifices, so on and so forth. Why didn't Alduin have a cult following or something like that? That's the idea of the mod I would like all the community voice actors, scriptors, and mod makers come together to make a reality.

So.

What do you think?

I've played this game and the main quest quite a few times and made some mods myself.

But...

Countless dragons enslaved by Alduin?

Attacking every other day in major towns, cities, and wilderness?

Only one man/skimpily dressed woman can end their wrath by taking their very soul?

Man, that sounds like a job for bethesda man, they should totally make a game that does that.

Scratch that, they should make an ENTIRE GAME about it. They should call it "The Elder Scrolls: ATTACK OF THE DRAGONS."

Man that'd be awesome, I'd love a game like that. (end sarcasm.)

I think you're missing a crucial, and I mean there is an extremely crucial part of lore you are forgetting about when you describe this modification.

Dragons live by a code of honor and dominance. They do not get revenge. They seek the strongest. The dragons that still attack in skyrim do so because they have the will to dominate, and when the dragonborn enters into battle with them, it is a battle of voices, of power. Snow Hunter even said so himself, that he would test his thu'um against yours and wanted to see your Thu'um against Alduin.

There is even a Land of Dragons, an entirely separate continent, where the dragons first came.

Akatosh himself gave Alduin, his first born, such power.

There is no enslaved army. Alduin never had a cult because he CONSUMED THE SOULS OF THE WARRIORS IN SOVENGARDE. He thought of mortals as WEAK, even ARMIES of mortal men could not stop Alduin, the WORLD EATER.

Look,

I'm not saying this idea is wack. I'm saying it doesn't really fit the lore.

You should dig something up from previous elder scrolls lore and find somebody who can play these roles and these scripts. But I'll tell you right now, repeating a main quest story line isn't going to win big with resources.

Why not do a custom story or story unrelated to Alduin. The main quest ended pretty solid, even with a chance for Alduin to Return, since you couldn't absorb his soul. But I mean... it's hard to imagine finding a giant cult army is going to be out to get you when there is absolutely no sign of them to begin with.

Hello all in the Nexus, I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile and after the 5 or 6 playthroughs of Skyrim, it's really started to bug me. Why, after defeating Alduin, was there no real blowback? Did he have no sort of following besides the dragons he enslaved with his voice? Pretty much all of the Aedra and Daedra have leagues of men, mer, etc. enforcing their will, making sacrifices, so on and so forth. Why didn't Alduin have a cult following or something like that? That's the idea of the mod I would like all the community voice actors, scriptors, and mod makers come together to make a reality.

So.

What do you think?

I've played this game and the main quest quite a few times and made some mods myself.

But...

Countless dragons enslaved by Alduin?

Attacking every other day in major towns, cities, and wilderness?

Only one man/skimpily dressed woman can end their wrath by taking their very soul?

Man, that sounds like a job for bethesda man, they should totally make a game that does that.

Scratch that, they should make an ENTIRE GAME about it. They should call it "The Elder Scrolls: ATTACK OF THE DRAGONS."

Man that'd be awesome, I'd love a game like that. (end sarcasm.)

I think you're missing a crucial, and I mean there is an extremely crucial part of lore you are forgetting about when you describe this modification.

Dragons live by a code of honor and dominance. They do not get revenge. They seek the strongest. The dragons that still attack in skyrim do so because they have the will to dominate, and when the dragonborn enters into battle with them, it is a battle of voices, of power. Snow Hunter even said so himself, that he would test his thu'um against yours and wanted to see your Thu'um against Alduin.

There is even a Land of Dragons, an entirely separate continent, where the dragons first came.

Akatosh himself gave Alduin, his first born, such power.

There is no enslaved army. Alduin never had a cult because he CONSUMED THE SOULS OF THE WARRIORS IN SOVENGARDE. He thought of mortals as WEAK, even ARMIES of mortal men could not stop Alduin, the WORLD EATER.

Look,

I'm not saying this idea is wack. I'm saying it doesn't really fit the lore.

You should dig something up from previous elder scrolls lore and find somebody who can play these roles and these scripts. But I'll tell you right now, repeating a main quest story line isn't going to win big with resources.

Why not do a custom story or story unrelated to Alduin. The main quest ended pretty solid, even with a chance for Alduin to Return, since you couldn't absorb his soul. But I mean... it's hard to imagine finding a giant cult army is going to be out to get you when there is absolutely no sign of them to begin with.

Well, you're looking at it in a REALLY pessimistic way. There are plenty of mods out there that don't fit the lore, and this one just so happens to be involved with a cult following of Alduin, and the details of WHY the cult follows Alduin are going to be ironed out, like how the Dragon Priests were once followers of whoever during the reign of the Dragons. And the assumption of Dragons being involved with this quest trying to get revenge is just that, an assumption. Basically, a league of psychos who follow an almighty evil Dragon-god wish to be recognized, ascended, blah blah blah, and when you kill their master/god/king/etc., they go off the hinges and try to kill you, and the collective of Skyrim.

It's a quest mod man, and you're over-analyzing it.

I would actually say the lore fits perfectly, actually.

If you really look into it dafoose, Alduin had devout dragon priest followers completely dedicated to Alduin to enslave the world and that Alduin had a set of loyal dragons underneath him, presumably extremely powerful dragons. Not only did we not absorb Alduin's soul, but it only makes sense that with the defeat of Alduin, his priests would come back to attempt resurrect him once more and that other dragons would come after you to take their place as the next World Eater who holds authority of absorbing souls in Sovngarde (which is a right only given to the strongest of the dragons).

I really like this idea, it's a shame I don't know how to code well.

I would actually say the lore fits perfectly, actually.

If you really look into it dafoose, Alduin had devout dragon priest followers completely dedicated to Alduin to enslave the world and that Alduin had a set of loyal dragons underneath him, presumably extremely powerful dragons. Not only did we not absorb Alduin's soul, but it only makes sense that with the defeat of Alduin, his priests would come back to attempt resurrect him once more and that other dragons would come after you to take their place as the next World Eater who holds authority of absorbing souls in Sovngarde (which is a right only given to the strongest of the dragons).

I really like this idea, it's a shame I don't know how to code well.

Thanks for the support! If you have any ideas you think would go well with this quest mod, please PM me and I'll be sure to take it under consideration!